Master's Program in People Management and Organizational DevelopmentAalto University
About this program
Master's in People Management and Organizational Development
The Master’s Programme in People Management and Organizational Development provides students with expert knowledge and the analytical, communication and teamworking skills needed to help organizations to develop their operations successfully and sustainably. Upon graduation students work in expert and leadership roles in the fields of human resource management and organizational development. The programme further offers students a unique chance to complete a double degree programme with the University of Queensland (AU) or University of South Carolina (US). The programme is run in close collaboration with business, public organizations and NGOs. Thus, the programme offers students the latest knowledge in people management and organizational development in rapidly changing world of work and organizations.
We are looking for applicants with undergraduate degrees in the fields of business and economics, industrial engineering and management, law and social sciences with a keen interest in people management and organisational development.
You are eligible to apply in master's admissions if you have a bachelor’s degree. The bachelor's degree must be equivalent to 180 ECTS credits or three years of full-time study. The degree must give eligibility to apply for master’s degree studies at university in the awarding country. The awarding higher education institution has to be a recognised part of the official national education system of the country. It has to be accredited as a degree-granting higher education institution by the country where it is located or by a relevant international organisation (such as UNESCO).
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
- The Global Political Economy
- Leading yourself, teams, and organizations
- Human and organizational performance
- People Management Practices and Tools
- Strategic People Management
- Organizational Development
- People and Organizatoinal Analytics
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
For non-EU/EEA citizens: €15000/year
Degree: Master of Science (Economics and Business Administration)
Credits: 120 ECTS
Objectives of Studies
The participants in the People Management and Organizational Development programme will develop
- Expert knowledge and skills. Graduates have state-of-the-art knowledge of people management and organisational development practices, tools, theories and trends.
- A strategic mindset. Graduates can strategically develop people management practices and operations of organizations to secure the overall success and survival of the organization.
- Leadership potential. Graduates know how to motivate people and take responsibility of leading self, teams and projects as well as how to plan and contribute to larger organisational changes in an effective and ethical manner.
- An analytical orientation. Graduates have a data-oriented attitude and can collect and analyse both quantitative and qualitative data as well us understand big data related analysis to produce evidence-based solutions to managing people and developing organizations.
- Communicational skills. Graduates have good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to address and deal with complex communication challenges in changing organisational contexts.
- Future orientation. Graduates are able to look ahead and identify developments in the field in order to design new people management and organisational development practices.
The Master’s programme in People Management and Organizational Development at Aalto is considered a great foundation for doctoral studies.
The strong demand for people management and organisational development experts with business studies background will only grow in the future. The programme prepares graduates for careers in people management (HR), organisational development, and consultancy in these fields. While the focus is on businesses, the programme also prepares students for careers in public organisations and NGOs. Possible career trajectories for students are:
- Entry-level positions in
- People Management (e.g., HR Specialist, HR Analyst, Recruitment Specialist)
- Organisational development (e.g., Staff Development Specialist, Organisational Learning and Development Specialist)
- Consulting (e.g., HR Consultant, Recruitment Consultant, Change Management Consultant).
- In 10-15 years, senior positions in
- People Management (e.g., HR Manager, Regional or Country HR Director)
- Organisational development (e.g., Business Development Director or Project Manager)
- Consulting (e.g., Senior Consultant or Partner)
- General management.
About this institute
Aalto University is a multidisciplinary community of bold thinkers, where science and art meet technology and business. We are committed to identifying and solving grand societal challenges and building an innovative future....
Be the first to write a review!