University of the Arts London
University of the Arts London (UAL) is ranked 2nd in the world for Art and Design according to the 2022 QS World University Rankings®, for the fourth year in a row. It has an international reputation in art, design, communication, fashion, media and performing arts. Home to a diverse body of 18,000 students from 130 countries, UAL has over 100 years’ history of teaching across its institutions – Camberwell College of Arts, Central Saint Martins, Chelsea College of Arts, London College of Communication, London College of Fashion, Wimbledon College of Arts and UAL Creative Computing Institute.
UAL gives students unique opportunities to learn, create, research and innovate across a whole range of disciplines and at all levels – covering everything from drama, graphic and interior design to fashion and fine art. With a teaching staff made up of professional artists, practitioners, designers, critics and theorists, UAL is one of the world's leading specialist creative universities. Each College has its own culture, philosophy and focus. UAL graduates go on to work in and shape creative industries worldwide, and the university has launched the careers of many creative and cultural leaders, including over half of all Turner Prize nominees.
Chat with students
Scholarships & funding
UAL offers a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and awards provided through generous donations from individuals, companies and philanthropic charities, as well as from university funds. Please check the university website for more information regarding scholarships.
- Eligibility depends on criteria such as your chosen subject or course, level of study and nationality.
- Some awards are based on financial need while others are offered to students who show academic excellence or creative potential.
- Postgraduate Progression Discount: a 20% discount on tuition fees for UAL graduates progressing to a taught master’s course.
- 170 UAL Home Postgraduate Scholarships of £5,000 are available as fee waivers to Home applicants.
- 215 UAL International Postgraduate Scholarships offering a £7,000 tuition fee waiver.
- Up to 4 UAL International Postgraduate Scholarships of £50,000 are available to cover the cost of tuition fees and accommodation at one of UAL’s halls of residence.
Why study at University of the Arts London
With multiple sites across London, UAL offers endless opportunities to draw inspiration from this global creative hub.
- UAL has a track record for launching and furthering careers across the creative industries and beyond.
- Graduates are frequently shortlisted for national and global awards ranging from the Turner Prize to the Oscars.
- UAL is home to more than 2,400 postgraduate students.
- The university offers a wide range of theoretical and practice-based research programmes leading to a PhD or MPhil.
- UAL is ranked among the UK’s top research universities, with 83% of research conducted by UAL students and staff graded as world-leading.
- UAL has a diverse student community, with students drawn from over 130 countries across the globe.
- Students are encouraged to draw inspiration from London’s world-famous art galleries, museums and theatres.
- UAL’s dedicated support service offers useful advice for international students including guidance on funding, visa applications and accommodation.
University of the Arts London is in the Top 10 Countries to Study Abroad
Student services & facilities
UAL has a wide range of multipurpose workshops, specialist studios and equipment. This includes photography darkrooms, ceramic workshops, metal casting foundry, and printmaking studios for lithography, etching, screen printing and letterpress.
- UAL has 6 libraries with over 470,000 titles, 15,000 journals and periodicals in subjects from art to web design. Students can also access 3 Learning Zones and over 50 unique specialist collections to enhance learning, creativity, and research.
- Counsellors, health advisers and chaplains support the health and wellbeing of students by listening and helping them with issues and concerns such as depression, anxiety and illness, and by providing pastoral and spiritual care.
- Student Advisers are money and immigration specialists;providing guidance on how to fund costs related to studying in the UK, and can assist International students with enquiries about visas and immigration matters.
Spread across London, study at UAL takes place at one of the 6 colleges or UAL Creative Computing Institute, each offering a unique culture, philosophy and focus.
Camberwell College of Arts
Camberwell College of Arts is a renowned art and design college driving positive social impact through art and design.
Central Saint Martins
Central Saint Martins is alive with different ways of thinking, making and doing. Across art, design and performance, students create the ideas, materials and actions for a better future.
Chelsea College of Arts
Chelsea College of Arts is proud to have a worldwide reputation for producing some of the leading artists and designers of the day.
London College of Communication
London College of Communication is home to future-facing creatives, exploring and rethinking what communication is and why it matters.
London College of Fashion
London College of Fashion is a world-leader in fashion design, media and business education; in boundary-pushing research where fashion intersects with science, engineering and technology; and in the enterprise, where it partners it top brands and helps launch new businesses.
Wimbledon College of Arts
Wimbledon College of Arts has an international reputation for producing performance graduates known for their creativity, technical accomplishment and professionalism.
UAL Creative Computing Institute
UAL Creative Computing Institute offers innovative new courses, research opportunities and a public platform to explore computer science and creative practice.
A cultural and creative centre, London is an integral part of the UAL identity. Home to 8 million people from over 270 nationalities, London is a microcosm of the world. Studying here gives students access to endless creative and networking opportunities.
- With 170 museums, 240 theatres and 250 festivals held every year, there’s always something inspiring to do.
- Unlike many other large cities, London is famous for its abundance of parks and green spaces.
- From clubbing to comedy nights, walking tours to museum lates, London offers something for everyone, even on a budget.
Accommodation options range from traditional halls of residence to self-contained studio flats. All are self-catering. UAL guarantees a place in halls of residence for international students from outside the EU in their first year.
- All halls of residence across London are staffed 24/7.
- Wellbeing reps host weekly drop-in sessions, so if you want advice or just fancy a chat, they are there to listen.
- Halls Reps run free weekly events in halls including afternoon tea and film nights, yoga and fitness classes.
Want to get more information about this institute and its programs? Fill out the following form and we'll pass it on directly to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!