Master in Fashion ManagementIED - Istituto Europeo di Design
Master in Fashion Management
All available course dates
About this program
Master in Fashion Management
Learn how to identify the target's needs and turn them into opportunities.
The MDI (Master of Design and Innovation) in Fashion Management provides the theoretical and practical know-how to overcome today's fashion market challenges and efficiently manage the full cycle from the product's conceptualisation all the way to the shelf and into the customer's shopping bag. As well as talks, conferences and workshops, the course includes two trips to cities around Europe such as Florence or Paris, ending with a final personal research project.
Fashion is a complex system and clothing is just a part of it. In this context, the role of a fashion manager is to identify the target's needs and turn them into opportunities bearing in mind production, distribution, branding, marketing, communication and service.
The Master recognises and welcomes students from a range of backgrounds:
- Graduates in disciplines of business areas, commercial, marketing and communication, fashion design and mass distribution.
- Professionals in the field of business management, retail or fashion industry in general, as well as theoretical fields.
- Those interested in implementing and leading innovative projects within the context of the fashion market.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Enable Fashion Design, Marketing, Product and Business Management professionals to overcome disciplinary boundaries in order to grow into key drivers of organizational success.
- Develop students' understanding of the complete ecosystem behind fashion business, to make them capable to face the actual fashion market challenges, adding value to their previously acquired professional knowledge and skills.
- Help Fashion designers, communicators, managers & marketing professionals interested in Fashion, become Fashion managers, Fashion managers become fashion leaders, and Fashion leaders become organization leaders of the future.
- Develop into leaders capable of combining creativity, managerial skills and entrepreneurial mindsets within the constraints of Fashion Business realities.
- Make future Fashion managers understand the power of developing strategies, creating brands, and delivering products and services successfully centred in the consumer.
- Provide students with Fashion and Business Management tools that will enable them to become powerful key contributors in the Value Creation Chain.
- Develop proficiency in using the tools provided. Students will be able to identify appropriate use of these tools to balance academic and practical knowledge, efficiency in communication and ability to evaluate necessary trade-offs when faced with real business challenges.
- Expand the students' roles and capabilities in working with innovation teams.
- Encourage critical thinking to allow students to be active citizens of our global society.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available, please visit the institute website for more information.
Tuition Fee: € 24.700
Students who take this course add value to their professional experience in business companies, design studios and strategy firms, practicing design management in positions such as design department managers, brand managers, design directors, innovation directors, service designers and design strategists.
They also work as managers and executives responsible for making decisions about how design is used in the organisation, not only in companies, design and innovation agencies, but also in education and government agencies.
Message the school
About this institute
IED - Istituto Europeo di Design
IED is the biggest international network of fashion, design, visual communication and management schools, with locations in Milan, Rome, Turin, Florence, Cagliari, Madrid, Barcelona, São Paulo, and Rio de Janeiro. Established in 1966, IED has 45 years of international expertise...
Why study at IED - Istituto Europeo di Design
Rather than just keeping in step with the times, IED courses are thriving trend forecasters working as a conceptual innovation hub. A number of professionals from a variety of backgrounds come together to provide the input for a cross-fertilisation between areas and disciplines.
Want to know more about Master in Fashion Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!