Energy for Society
The aim of the Energy for Society master’s programme at Hanze University of Applied Sciences, Groningen is to educate Energy Transition Strategists focussing on local and regional levels of energy transition.
Climate change is real, energy transition is needed and new professionals are wanted that can help communities to make the transition from fossil fuels to renewables. Will you become the expert that gets people on board to make this transition happen? That is the essence of the master Energy for Society.
This programme develops Energy Transition Strategists that help communities, municipalities, governments and companies to establish the necessary energy transition. As an energy professional, you will be able to bridge technical, societal and ecological solutions on a local and regional level. You are the negotiator that knows how to operate successfully between the various interests, exploring opportunities and developing scientifically funded solutions.
What makes this programme unique
- You work and learn in close co-operation with your peers, professional practitioners, researchers and education staff using real life projects.
- You are a part of a community of students from all over the world, learning from each other's background and experiences.
- You interact with students of other energy-related masters.
- The teaching staff not only have profound academic backgrounds but most of them also have professional experience within the energy sector.
- Our high-end research and testing facilities and cooperation opportunities at the Energy Transition Centre (EnTranCe) and Energy Academy Europe (EAE) receive high recommendations from our current energy master students.
- Various events and excursions are incorporated in the programme, such as a visit to a gas fired power plant and a visit to the European Parliament in Brussels.
Scholarships & funding
Hanze UAS has various scholarship possibilities to aid students financially if they meet the requirements.
For more information, please visit the University's website.
After successful completion of the programme, you will be awarded the title of 'Master of Science Energy for Society'. There are plenty of job opportunities for graduates, ranging from careers with profit and non-profit organisations. To name a few: a local consultant guiding initiatives for utility companies, a Sustainability Consultant for network administrators, Local Council Policy Officer, Area Director for Energy Transition, Programme Manager for Energy, Community Advisor for local construction- or renovation projects or a freelance consultant for Energy Transition.
About this institute
Hanze University of Applied Sciences - Groningen, the Netherlands
If you choose to study at Hanze University of Applied Sciences, Groningen, you will be joining a learning community where we bring education, applied research and the business field together. And on top of that, you will be living in the best student city...
Hanze University of Applied Sciences, Groningen
Want to know more about Energy for Society? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win an iPad!
Take our survey and be in to win a brand new iPad for your studies! Your response will help future students find their perfect study abroad opportunity.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.