About this program
BA (Hons) Dance
This highly intensive degree prepares dancers for the world stage in a practical, studio-based learning environment. Led by staff/faculty from across the world with a wealth of professional experience, students work alongside their international peers on an interdisciplinary campus honing their technique and performance skills through a number of major dance projects.
Successful audition, IELTs 6.5 or equivalent, and the national university entry academic qualification of your country equivalent to 104 UK Tariff points or 24 points from an international Baccalaureate. Mature applicants without recognised university entry level academic qualifications are assessed on their experience to date.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the institute website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
- Contemporary Dance (including but not limited to release, floor work, Horton-based and Cunningham-based classes)
- Jazz Dance
- Commercial Dance
- Professional Preparation (audition technique and seminars)
Scholarships & funding
The IAB offers a limited number of Talent Scholarships each year. These are available for BA (Hons) program and awarded to new students who demonstrate outstanding talent at audition. You cannot therefore apply for a Talent Scholarship, instead students will be assessed at the audition to determine if they are eligible. They are open throughout the academic year. A Talent Scholarship constitutes a reduction in fees, rather than a full fee waiver.
For more information about scholarship, please visit the institute website.
- EU/EEA/UK fee: € 10980 per year
- International fee: €15280 per year
Validated target and alternative exit awards: Bachelor of Arts with Honours in Dance
Credit Value: 360 UK credits, equivalent to 180 ECTS
The programme aims to:
- Provide its graduates with the creative, technical and professional skills, knowledge and understanding to gain and sustain employment as a dancer in the contemporary, commercial and entertainment sectors.
- Provide its graduates with a comprehensive understanding of the key concepts, ideas and theories which impact upon and underpin theatre arts practice.
- Develop in its graduates an understanding of the social, political and cultural implications of theatre practice and an awareness of their potential role in this.
- Encourage its graduates to adopt entrepreneurial approaches to their future professional careers.
If your ambition is to continue with your studies, this degree, recognised internationally, will allow you to progress to further postgraduate/Master’s degree studies at the IAB or in other institutions worldwide.
Our graduates are sought after in the global industry for their diversity, adaptability, professionalism and skillset. They know how to manage the day-to-day business of being a working performer and are ready to step confidently into a career in dance and the performing arts.
Message the school
About this institute
Institute of the Arts Barcelona
The Institute of the Arts Barcelona (IAB) is a leading Performing Arts conservatoire offering foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate programs in Acting, Dance and Musical Theatre. The Institute is based in Sitges, approximately 30 minutes from Barcelona. Our undergraduate and postgraduate...
Why study at Institute of the Arts Barcelona
Benefits of studying at the IAB:
- International community – we are truly international, with students from over 40 different nationalities.
- We teach in English.
- UK university degree – when you graduate from our BA Hons or Master programmes you will have an internationally recognised degree from a top UK university – Liverpool John Moores University
- Great facilities in modern campus – students and lecturers love working in our light, bright and big studios.
- Frequent visits and classes by professional international lecturers and performers and choreographers – this means you have a good variety of people supporting the full time staff – same as if you were in a big city like London.
- International professional faculty.
- Located in the town of Sitges – a great place to be a student – a great quality of life on the Mediterranean Sea.
- Our Student Accomodation is just a 5 minute walk to the IAB
- Low cost of living means you won´t have the big living expenses as most cities.
Want to know more about BA (Hons) Dance? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Carson, United States of America
Bowling Green, United States of America
Kirkland, United States of America