BA (Hons) DanceInstitute of the Arts Barcelona
About this program
BA (Hons) Dance
Our BA (Hons) Dance degree is taught in classic conservatoire style. As a result it is rigorous, intensive and highly creative.
This undergraduate degree is constructed and designed to both develop you as a versatile artist and equip you with all the skills and knowledge to pursue a successful, sustainable career in dance.
Successful audition, IELTS 6.0 or equivalent, and the national university entry academic qualification of your country equivalent to 104 UK Tariff points or 24 points from an international Baccalaureate. Mature applicants without recognised university entry level academic qualifications are assessed on their experience to date.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the institute website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
Our BA (Hons) Dance degree schedule provides instruction across a comprehensive range of contemporary disciplines, with each class geared to preparing students physically and mentally to be as strong, agile, responsive and expressive as possible. Core classes include contemporary dance, ballet, improvisation, hip hop styles, choreography and contextual studies.
You will be training in techniques covering but not limited to Release, Floor Work, Horton-based and Cunningham-based classes. In addition, you will work on Improvisation techniques, Partnering, Flying Low and Gaga.
Scholarships & funding
The IAB offers a limited number of scholarships each year. These are awarded to new students only and may be awarded for any of the IAB’s programmes. Scholarships will be offered to students identified by the faculty as having the potential to make a significant contribution to the development of the performing arts.
You therefore cannot apply for a scholarship.
A scholarship constitutes a reduction in fees, rather than a full fee waiver.
For more information about scholarship, please visit the institute website.
- EU/EEA/UK fee: €11400 per year
- International fee: €16900 per year
Additional annual fees: €500 non-refundable registration fee and €80 health clinic membership
- Bachelor of Arts with Honours in Dance
- Credit Value: 360 UK credits, equivalent to 180 ECTS
If your ambition is to continue with your studies, this degree, recognised internationally, will allow you to progress to further postgraduate/Master’s degree studies at the IAB or in other institutions worldwide.
How we prepare you for the dance industry:
- Filming your own solo with a team of professional videographers for your dance reel.
- Professional artists will choreograph two showcase performances with you in the final year.
- You will have an opportunity to audition for agents and attend masterclasses and Q&As.
- You will take part in a series of “mock auditions” led by professional choreographers such as Iratxe Ansa from Metamorphasis.
- You will get classes on how to build your performer resume, choose the perfect headshot, negotiate with agents and build networking skills.
Message the school
About this institute
Institute of the Arts Barcelona
IAB is a leading European Performing Arts Institution preparing artists for the world stage in an intense, studio-based learning environment. All teaching is in English and we offer vocational training of the highest standard in a variety of fields, including:...
Why study at Institute of the Arts Barcelona
- Preparing you for a sustainable career in the global market.
- Practical training with lots of performance opportunities.
- Located in Sitges, a seaside town near Barcelona, Spain.
- International community with students from over 50 different nationalities.
- Teaching in English.
- UK university degree (from Liverpool John Moores University) for BA (Hons) and Masters programmes.
- Great facilities in two modern campuses.
- International faculty plus frequent visits from professional directors, choreographers and industry professionals.
- Low cost of living.
Want to know more about BA (Hons) Dance? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!