About this program
Master Interior Architecture
Corpo-real, the Master’s Interior Architecture at ArtEZ focuses on the endlessly changing relationship between bodies and space: the body as repository for social reality and spatial truth. A learning community where students and tutors develop a research-driven spatial design practice geared towards an unknown future
We live in a time of transition and a world of interconnected crises. At Corpo-real, the Master’s Interior Architecture at ArtEZ, we aim to educate students to critically, experimentally and analytically encounter this world and the (yet unknown) challenges it poses, with innovative perspectives on the relationships between bodies and space, with special focus on power and space, social sustainability and inclusion.
We therefore develop, explore and innovate thinking around practice-based research. Making good use of sources, communicating what is uncovered and discovered, organising dialogues and exhibitions for a divers public. Imperative in the Corpo-real research practice is the synthesis of thinking, making and reflecting. Students expand their individual research practices beyond themselves, while simultaneously engaging with the course’s discursive input, co-operative methodologies and support structure. As a Corpo-real master student, you are encouraged to reflect, discuss and act upon these.
Do you want to apply for the Master Interior Architecture in Zwolle? If so, you must meet the following conditions:
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably relating to interior architecture (such as Spatial Design or a (TU) Engineering Bachelor and other related Bachelor degrees). Applicants with a Bachelor's degree in another discipline are also invited to apply: the admissions committee will determine the relevance of previous studies and work experience
- A portfolio, a letter of motivation and a CV
- Certain language requirements apply for this English-taught programme
- Successful completion of the entrance examination
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
The Corpo-real Master's course is a two-year, full-time Master’s course in Interior Architecture.. Over the course of these two years you will develop a theoretical thesis. At the same time you are exploring and challenging the theoretical research through artistic and practice-based research.
During the first year of the course you start with weekly Practice meetings where you explore and develop practice-based and artistic research. There are weekly Theory meetings and you work on a theoretical research question, which is developed into a research proposal in the second semester. Within CASE, all students work together in a group as if they were a studio. The CASE is an ongoing group research project on the relationship between Power, Space and the Body that is continued from one cohort of student to the next.
Alongside the weekly meetings you gather a lot of input, inspiration and interdisciplinary approaches through various modules such as theory modules, the Corpo-real discourse programme and several short skills workshops. 20222010 Towards and during the second year of the programme you gradually integrate the various aspects and inspirations of the first year. The Thesis that you develop towards the end of the second year is where theoretical, artistic and practice-based research coalesces into your Finals graduation project.
- Corpo-real: Working towards a better understanding of the interconnection between bodies in general (corpo) and the reality that surrounds them (real)
- Context and beyond: Encouraging students to reflect, discuss, and act upon recent societal developments
- Intertwining theoretical and artistic research: Imperative in the Corpo-real research practice is the synthesis of thinking, making and reflecting • International learning community: An educational environment that is open, inclusive, and international
- Interdisciplinary setting: Including and sharing different disciplines as sociology, performative arts, theory in the arts
- Innovate the professional field: Together with students working towards speculative thinking that brings innovation and emancipation to the professional field
Please visit the university website for more information about tuition fees.
Corpo-real offers you a platform for exploration, experimentation, and profound critical reflection. As a critical designer and interior architect, you are inspired to not only look beyond your own discipline but beyond Western concepts and ways of thinking. Once graduated, it is second nature for you to work alongside other professionals in diverse and interdisciplinary groups, to foster productive exchange of ideas and perspectives, and to always ask further.
Upon successful completion of the Master’s Interior Architecture, you are entitled to use the academic title ‘Master of Arts‘ (MA).
This course can be found in the Centraal Register Opleidingen Hoger Onderwijs (CROHO) by the code 49238. The formal name of the programme under which this course is CROHO registerd, is Master Interior Architecture. This CROHO-name will be on your diploma.
After graduation, Corpo-real alumni have the ambition to register in the Dutch Register of Architects. A two-year Professional Experience Program is required to enable official registration as an Interior Architect. Read more about the professional traineeship on the website of the Architects Register.
Message the school
About this institute
ArtEZ University of the Arts
ArtEZ University of the Arts provides a coherent range of preparatory programmes, Bachelor and Master courses for more than 3000 students in Arnhem, Enschede and Zwolle. ArtEZ Arnhem, Zwolle and Enschede together facilitate more than 60 art courses within the...
Want to know more about Master Interior Architecture? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!