Master in Asian StudiesFaculty of Human Sciences - Universidade Católica Portuguesa
About this program
Master in Asian Studies
The MA in Asian Studies, now fully taught in English, targets graduates interested in deepening their knowledge about China, Korea, Japan and Southeast Asia within a multidisciplinary framework of Asian realities and their historical-cultural reference frameworks. The MA in Asian Studies draws upon national and international teachers and researchers, all with their careers dedicated to study Asia, and all with academic dialogue and cooperation both at individual and institutional levels. The MA in Asian Studies’ teaching staff is able to boost the potential for the internationalization of the programs and its graduates.
The MA in Asian Studies seeks to:
- Develop the social and cultural competences for interrelating with Asian partners (universities, governments, economic and cultural agents, NGOs, etc.);
- Strengthen the professional capacities for the translation and interpretation of Asian languages and for obtaining information on Asian societies and cultures across various professional and research fields;
Develop critical reading skills and the understanding of the theoretical frameworks surrounding Asian studies as well as acquiring the capacities to develop autonomous and original teaching and research activities on Asian topics.
- Undergraduate degree;
For more information about admission requirements, please visit our website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
On our website you will find all the information about the curriculum.
Scholarships & funding
In order to maintain a dynamic relationship with the market, focused on acquiring knowledge and developing professional skills, the Master's program runs a range of different partnerships with public and private organizations.
For detailed information, please visit our website.
For more information about tuition fees, please visit our website.
The Master’s Degree in Asian Studies generates an enormous range of professional opportunities:
- Translation/interpreting of Asian languages (especially Chinese, Arabic, Japanese);
- Tourism sector, in particular, cultural tourism in the service of Asian visitors to Portugal or Portuguese language countries as well as serving Portuguese speakers visiting Asia;
- Management and public relations roles in travel agents, museums or central and local tourism services, whether public or private;
- Professional activities in the fields of PR communication, the cultural and new technology industries that involve Asian actors as well as relations with Asian governments, institutions andcompanies;
- Consultancy on the social, political, economic, religious and cultural issues of Asia in the 21st century and spanning Asian relations with Portugal, the European Union and Portuguese language speaking countries;
- Diplomatic functions and international relations of Portugal and the Portuguese language speaking countries with Asia;
- Advanced research and training on Asian subjects.
Message the school
About this institute
Welcome to Faculty of Human Sciences and Universidade Católica Portuguesa!
Founded in 1972, the Faculty of Human Sciences aims to invest in the potential of the students, through a teaching marked by excellence and rigor in training. With a clear international outlook, our School has built a solid reputation for...
Why study at Faculty of Human Sciences - Universidade Católica Portuguesa
The Faculty of Human Sciences affirms its mission in a globalized world under the motto «Value For Life».
Strong Career Support
We help our students on the conception, implementation and assessment of their academic and professional plans and decisions for a career of excellence.
The investment in recognized professionals in their fields of study contributes to the rigorous and personalized teaching of our students.
Ranked among the best
Our programs are recognized in prestigious European and world rankings.
To better understand the mission of our School, please visit our website, go to “About” and see the “Message from the Dean”.
Want to know more about Master in Asian Studies? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!