If you are a European citizen, then Poland is an excellent choice to pursue your studies. Do you want to know why? Tuition fees in Poland for full-time studies are free of charge at the Higher Education Institutions (HEI).
However, in some study programs, depending on the level, you will be asked to prove your Polish language proficiency but don’t worry, a plethora of English-taught programs is offered as well!
Tuition fees in Poland are applied for non-European students, but they are very affordable compared to other popular study destinations in Europe. The total cost of a Bachelor’s degree for an international student can reach up to 7,000-8,000 USD and for Master’s up to 9,000 USD. It all depends on the discipline and the level of studies. Be aware that MBA programs, programs in medicine and dentistry and programs in private Polish institutions cost more.
Don’t forget that you can also apply for our Study a Master’s in Europe Scholarship that will assist you cover a part of your tuition.
Some approximate tuition fees in Poland for international students are:
- For first, second and long-cycle studies: 2,400 USD (around 9,000 PLN) per year.
- For Master’s studies, postdoctoral internships, vocational courses and apprenticeships: 3,650 USD (around 13,000 PLN) per year.
- For annual preparatory Polish language courses: 2,400 USD (around 9,000 PLN) per year.
- For PhD degrees: All Phd students in Poland study free of charge and receive a scholarship.
Scholarships in Poland
There are multiple scholarships in Poland to choose from, offered by the Polish government, private foundations or universities. Some of them are:
- The Gen. Anders Scholarship.
- The Poland My First Choice Scholarship.
- The Bilateral Cooperation Exchange Scholarship.
- The POLONISTA Scholarship and Fellowship.
- The Stefan Banach Scholarship.
- The Visegrad Scholarship.
- The Eastern Partnership Scholarships for post-soviet countries.
For more scholarship opportunities and relevant information about the exact cost of your chosen program based on your citizen status, contact directly the university of your choice.
Learn more about education in Poland:
Study in Poland - Overview
Over 45,000 international students choose Poland as their study abroad destination every year. Click here to learn why.
Want to learn about how the higher education system works in Poland? Both public and private universities follow the objectives and the standards set by the Bologna process.
Do you need a visa to enter Poland to study? Learn more about the student visa process, and what you need to enter the country, depending on your citizen status.
Housing & Living Costs
Housing and cost of living in Poland are relatively cheap, especially when compared with other countries in Europe.
Language & Culture
Poland is a country rich in history and culture. Find out more about what the country offers in terms of language, culture, and more!
Entry requirements in Poland vary from university to university. Here you can find more information about the application process for both EU and non-EU citizens.
Ready to look at education in Poland? Use our search engine to find and compare top programs in Poland today!