Tuition fees for University of Arts in Austria
- Austrian citizens and students who have EU/EEA nationality pay no regular tuition fees for the prescribed duration of study plus 2 semesters. These students must however pay membership fees to the student union which is obligatory and € 363.36 each semester after the two semesters tolerance period.
- For all other students (after possession of the resident permit), must pay € 726.72 per semester.
- An exemption from paying tuition fees is possible in special cases (e.g. for participants in exchange programs, university partnerships, exchange programs or students from less developed countries).
- Students from other developing countries,Central and Eastern European reform countries can be exempted or apply for a full or partial refund of tuition fees according to the chosen university's own rules. Further information is available at OEAD.com.
Tuition fees for Universities of Applied Sciences in Austria
- Universities of Applied Sciences are entitled to charge tuition fees of € 363 per year.
- In the case of University Training Courses, University Level Courses, Universitätslehrgänge, Private Universities & University Colleges of Teacher Education the tuition fees differ from one institution to the other and should be inquired at the prospective institution.
- In some cases, students have to pay an obligatory fee to the student union.
Some programs incur an additional application fee which is a one time payment for the application to be processed further. If the payment is not completed on time, the application of the student is canceled.
Learn more about education in Austria:
OeAD is Austria’s leading non-profit-making service organisation in the field of international cooperation in education and research. The activities of the OeAD embrace general, academic and vocational education with – historically grown – specific focus on academic mobility.