Study Visas for International Students
The Student Visa (X Visa) is issued to an alien who is to study in China on an advanced level or to complete and internship practice for a period of more than six months. An alien who comes to China to study, short-term advanced studies or intern practice for a period of no more than six months shall apply for a F visa.
Documents To Submit With Your Study Visa Application:
- A valid passport as well as a copy of its information page: Your valid passport must have at least six (6) months of remaining validity with at least one blank visa page in it.
- Application form
- Photo: one recent photo of 2*2 square inch (black & white or color is acceptable) glued or stapled on the application form.
- The original and photocopy of the approved Foreign Student Visa Application Form (JW201 or JW202) issued by relevant Chinese government unit, and the admission notice from the Chinese school.
- Students from non-OECD nations may require other extra procedures, please check the relevant authority in your country.
Fees Associated With Visa Application
- Please pay by Visa, MasterCard, Money Order, Cashier’s Check or Company Check. Cash or Personal checks are not acceptable.
- Please make the company check, cashier’s check or money order payable to Chinese Embassy.
Learn more about education in China: