Study Hotel Management in Maastricht
Would you like to study hotel management in an inspiring, international environment where innovation comes first? You can at Hotel Management School Maastricht. Here, you’ll learn from professionals, live on a student campus and hone your skills in a real hotel.
At Hotel Management School Maastricht, you’ll be trained to be a manager or entrepreneur in the hospitality industry. The four-year bachelor program consists of varied theory and practical modules and two internships. Additionally, you will choose to enrol in two minors (either inside or outside the faculty), a pre-master or an international exchange program.
Close to the profession
You will certainly not spend all your time attending lectures. Apart from lectures from teachers and experts in the field, you will also be attending skills training courses, workshops and taking part in excursions to see the industry in practice. Teamwork plays a major role. In the workshops, you’ll be working in a group of students on practical problems or projects.
Teaching hotel in a castle
And what’s more, you’ll be exposed to the real-life environment of Teaching Hotel Château Bethlehem. This is a training environment unique in the Netherlands, including twenty-six guestrooms, a restaurant, a bar and various meeting rooms. The hotel has received a lot of attention in the international media, not least for its unconventional room designs by Dutch designers.
First year students enjoy a single room in one of our dormitories on campus. The campus is situated in a park like setting and houses a tight knit community in which students will make friends for life. Furthermore we have hospitality assistants available 24/7 to assist students wherever possible.
The campus is only a 10-min bike ride away from the vibrant city centre of Maastricht. Maastricht is considered the heart of hospitality in the Netherlands and has a very international (student) community.
Interested? Come and visit one of our Open days or like our Facebook page to stay up to date on what study and life on the HMSM campus is like! Alternatively, always feel free to get in touch with us.
To qualify for the hotel management program, students should meet the following requirements:
1. Candidates must have an academic qualification enabling them to follow Higher Professional Education, in accordance with the guidelines specified by an independent body. Please check if your secondary diploma meets our requirements by referring to the diploma oveview on our website. If your secondary diploma is not on the list, then feel free to go to Studielink and submit your application and copies of your diplomas there. We will be pleased to verify your eligibility free of charge for you.
2. Candidates must demonstrate adequate proficiency in English. Candidates who:
- are native speakers of English and/or;
- have completed at least two years’ full-time education in the preceding three calendar years with English as the language of instructionand/or;
- have completed their secondary education in the European Union and have had English as an exam subject in their last year of study
are deemed to have fulfilled this requirement. Those candidates to whom this does not apply must submit proof of sufficient scores (Before 1 June 2018) on one of the following tests when applying:
- TOEFL test (Internet-based score must be at least 80, paper-based score must be at least 550, computer-based must be at least 213, please refer to their website) and please note to use the academic version.
- IELTS test (score at least 6.0 IELTS, please refer to their website)
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency (any pass grade, please refer to their website)
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (grade A,B or C, please refer to their website )
Only limited dates are available for testing. Please register in time for the test to ensure you have the results back in time.
Please Note: We do not accept certificates that were issued longer than two years ago from the date stated on the certificate.
3. Proof of advanced knowledge of a second modern language(for example native language, exam subject or acknowledged Language Certificate at A2 level or above).
4.Although not a requirement, we strongly recommend applicants to complete business related courses such as economics, finance, accounting, management etc. in secondary school as well as complete (work) experience in the hospitality industry.
- Tuition Fee:
EU: € 3,250
Non-EU: € 8,700
- Zuyd scholarships and Study in Holland Scholarships available for Non-EU students. (Make sure to apply!)
- Accommodation: Every 1st year student lives on campus: single rooms € 385 a month
- Books: approx. € 500-1000
- Additional costs: You will be required to purchase the required uniforms and knife set, estimated at a cost of € 630
Upon graduation students will receive a Bachelor of Business Administration Degree from Zuyd University of Applied Sciences.
Shape your future at Zuyd University
You find Zuyd University of Applied Science in the southernmost part of the Netherlands, wedged between Germany and Belgium. Discover this crossroads of countries, cultures and languages, where an international and vibrant learning environment awaits. The European capitals of Amsterdam,...
Want to know more about Hotel Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe!
Planning on studying a
Master's degree in Europe?
Find your perfect career!