The master degree graduate students of applied statistics project offers a solid foundation for theoretical statistics, providing extensive education in the field of applied statistics, and providing big data analysis and practical projects. Graduates are employed in the whole world, involving fields, including all sectors of society, economic and financial industry, government and business management, social investigation and analysis, and statistical analysis of all kinds of big data.
The master of applied statistics is designed for those interested in business, industry, agriculture, forestry, fisheries, enterprise, government, or scientific research. The master of applied statistics requires that students must be an undergraduate degree.
The professional background is inclined to recruit students in the fields of statistics, mathematics, engineering, physics, economics, finance, management, computer science, and so on. In the premise course, students should learn the following four courses: the minimum mathematics background, the two semester calculus, a calculus course based on non calculus, and a matrix algebra.
Qualifications Needed for Admission
- 18 - 45 years old
- With Bachelor Degree certificate
- Good health
Autumn Semester: Please apply before August 30th (Autumn Semester normally begins at the beginning of September).
Spring Semester: Please apply before January 30th (Spring Semester normally starts at the beginning of March).
- Please do the online Application
- A copy of the student’s passport
- Bachelor’s degree certificate or notarized copy (in Chinese or English) University students shall provide an official pre-graduation certificate showing their student status and stating expected graduation date
- Academic transcripts during Bachelor’s degree study or notarized copy(in Chinese or English)
- English proficiency certificate for the applicants whose native language is not English (English-taught programs) HSK certificate and transcript or the photocopy (Chinese-taught Programs)
- Remittance receipt of the application fee: RMB 400 or USD 80 or EUR 50
- Study performance at original school (for students already studying in China).
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
For this project, students have two options:
- Option I is focused on the sample analysis and statistical analysis of the economic and financial industry, the enterprise and the government management.
- Option II is the large data science and large data statistical analysis of various industries. Compared with Option I, this selection is more focused on computing science, such as database, data storage, large data processing, and so on.
For students who have professional knowledge in statistics, applied mathematics, engineering or computing science, they can finish in 2 years. The major must start in autumn and end in spring.
For students who are not well prepared, Zhejiang University of Science and Technology can make up for the prerequisite courses of the major, which will increase the time required to complete the degree, increase one semester or two semesters, and start school in autumn or spring.
Big Data Funamentals
Applied Stochastic processes
Practical Regression Analysis
Time Series Analysis
Data Mining and Simulation
Multivariate Statistical Analysis
Scholarships & funding
International students who apply to study or are studying in Zhejiang Province pursuing a bachelor degree, a master degree, a doctoral degree, or as a long-term general scholar are eligible for Zhejiang Provincial Government Scholarship.
For more information, please contact the institute.
About this institute
Zhejiang University of Science and Technology (ZUST) is a full-time, public university with a focus on engineering in addition to disciplines in science, arts, economics, management, and education. Through technical know-know and first-hand experience, ZUST produces international specialists with applied...
Zhejiang University of Science and Technology
Want to know more about Applied Statistics? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe
Planning on studying a Master's degree in Europe? We're offering a scholarship to help cover your tuition fees and get you one step closer to your next great adventure!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.