About this program
Master of Engineering in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
The Blended Master in Logistics and Supply Chain refers to a fairly new option developed by MIT that allows learners to combine the MITx MicroMasters credential with one semester at Zaragoza Logistics Center in Spain (and which will also include a 3-week stay at MIT). Apply Now!
The MicroMasters credential requires a learner to successfully pass five rigorous online courses in supply chain management and a proctored comprehensive exam. Learners with the MITx MicroMasters credential in SCM can then apply to MIT for the blended SCM master’s degree. The program requires the successful applicant to come to MIT for January and continue studies in Zaragoza through May.
- Performance in the 5 online courses (SC0x, 1x, 2x, 3x, 4x) and the comprehensive final exam
- Undergraduate transcript to confirm bachelor’s degree
- Official IELTS, TOEFL or other similar English test (if not a native speaker. TOEFL: Minimum score required: 100, IELTS: Minimum score required: 7)
Who should apply
Diversity in the student body is an important characteristic of the MIT Masters in Supply Chain. While applicants are expected to have an aptitude for analytical thinking, they do not need to have an undergraduate degree in engineering. We invite students of all disciplines to apply. Beyond education, relevant work experience weighs heavily in the admissions decision.
For more information about admission requirements, Please visit the institute website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
A Term - MITx MicroMaster (Online)
- Supply Chain Analytics(SC0x): Master and apply the core methodologies used in supply chain analysis and modeling, including statistics, regression, optimization and probability – part of the MITx Supply Chain Management MicroMasters Credential.
- Supply Chain Fundamentals (SC1x): Learn fundamental concepts for logistics and supply chain management from both analytical and practical perspectives – part of the MITx MicroMasters Credential in Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Design (SC2x): Learn how to design and optimize the physical, financial, and information flows of a supply chain to enhance business performance – part of the MITx MicroMasters Credential in Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Dynamics (SC3x): Learn how to manage and harness the dynamics and interactions between firms and entities within a supply chain - part of the MITx Supply Chain Management MicroMasters Credential.
- Supply Chain Technology and Systems (SC4x): Learn how technology is used in supply chain systems from fundamental concepts to innovative applications – part of the MITx Supply Chain Management MicroMasters Credential.
- Supply Chain Comprehensive Exam: Take the Comprehensive Exam in Supply Chain Management to earn the MITx MicroMasters credential.
B Term - Leadership & Management at MIT (USA)
Leading Global Supply Chains: Reinforces supply chain concepts and develops management and teamwork skills. MIT students participate with their peers from CTL’s sister centers in Spain, Malaysia, Colombia, Luxembourg and China. This is a very intense IAP course that includes the following components:
- 5 lectures by leading MIT researchers each with short homework assignments,
- 6 lectures by C-level industry executives followed by filmed small team interviews,
- 6 rounds of the team-based Fresh Connection management simulation game,
- 6 in-depth leadership workshops,
- a major team-based APICS-Sponsored Case Competition (paper, presentation, judges),
- 6 Supply Chain Research workshops each with hands-on team-based assignments ,
- 1 day-long tour and one ½ day tour of best-in-class supply chain operations,
- a major Research Expo (poster session) attended by 200-300 supply chain executives
C Term - Specialization at ZLC (Spain)
- Logistics Facilities & Operations
- System Dynamics
- Energy and Sustainable Supply Chain
- Supply Chain Strategy
- Advanced Topics
Thesis Project at ZLC (Spain)
Students will have the opportunity of integrating and applying the knowledge acquired along the program into a capstone project, where they will be able to leverage on new ideas or students’ companies and three options are available. Students will decide which option they go for:
- Research Project
- Bring a company with a real problem
- Entrepreneurship project
The Research Fest is an event taking place at the end of the academic year where master’s students present their final research projects to an audience of colleagues, faculty, academic partners and esteemed jury members.
Commencement Ceremony at ZLC (Spain)
Students celebrate the completion of their studies in May with a special Commencement Ceremony and reception hosted by the President of Aragon and Rector of the University of Zaragoza.
- Online (5 courses)
- MIT Campus, Massachusetts, USA (3 weeks)
- ZLC Campus, Zaragoza, Spain (4 months)
Tuition fee: 17,700€
- Academic Fees: 9,050€
- Other Tuition Cost: 8,650€
87 ECTS credits
Master of Engineering in Logistics and Supply Chain Management from the University of Zaragoza (own degree/estudio propio) and Graduate Certificate in Logistics & Supply Chain Management from the MIT Global Scale Network
Career Services at ZLC facilitates relationships for MIT Zaragoza Master in Supply Chain (ZLOGb) students and graduates with prospective employers, graduate school recruiters, and fellow alumni. The Career Services Offices fosters career advancement and contributes to the growth and success of our graduates.
Message the school
About this institute
Zaragoza Logistics Center
Zaragoza Logistics Center (ZLC) is a research and educational institute established by the Government of Aragon in Spain in partnership with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and the University of Zaragoza. Founded in 2003, the ZLC campus is located at...
Want to know more about Master of Engineering in Logistics and Supply Chain Management (ZLOGb)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...