BSc Applied Mathematics
Mathematics underpins much of the modern world and is fundamental to science, technology and the world of business and finance. In the BSc Applied Mathematics programme you will study a core of essential mathematical topics and mathematical modelling techniques and be introduced to a varied range of applications. A selection of optional modules allows you to follow your individual interests and career plans.
By studying mathematics you will develop strong analytical skills, problem-solving abilities and an appreciation of the importance of logical reasoning. You will also develop computational skills and learn how mathematical modelling can be used to help analyse real-world problems. These skills are essential in many industries and are highly sought-after by employers.
Why should I study Applied Mathematics at XJTLU?
- You will join a vibrant learning environment of around 700 undergraduate students and expert staff from around the world.
- Throughout the programme you will develop an understanding of the fundamental concepts of mathematics as well as the practical mathematical modelling skills for solving a wide range of real-world problems.
- The flexible programme allows you to choose modules from different application areas of mathematics, including finance, operational research and physics.
- The Visiting Study Abroad Programme gives you the opportunity to study in the USA during Year Three at the prestigious Michigan State University.
- Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowships allow you to take part in research with financial support provided.
- XJTLU's location in the Suzhou Industrial Park provides you with the opportunity to undertake internships at a variety of financial and technological institutions and multinational companies.
- You can earn two degrees - an XJTLU degree from the Chinese Ministry of Education and a UK degree from the University of Liverpool, a member of the Russell Group of leading UK universities.
RMB 88,000 per academic year
About this institute
Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) is a truly unique institution, jointly founded by Xi'an Jiaotong University and the University of Liverpool. It is the largest international collaborative university in China and the only one where all undergraduate students receive a UK...
Want to know more about BSc Applied Mathematics? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win an iPad!
Take our survey and be in to win a brand new iPad for your studies! Your response will help future students find their perfect study abroad opportunity.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.