This MSc in ocean sustainability, governance, and management program is designed for all those who work in the maritime and ocean sectors.
The program gives a comprehensive understanding of the interconnected global economic-social-environmental coastal and ocean system.
Students of the MSc in maritime affairs program will learn:
- How society is dependent on, interacts with and profoundly impacts the health and sustainability of coasts and the ocean
- Understand the UN system structure and goals for ocean governance and responsible ocean business practice
- Gain the knowledge and skills necessary to incorporate the UN 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development in their countries
- Be equipped for the responsibilities they will be called upon to assume and the job opportunities that are being created
The University admits only mature students who are already established in a career in the maritime field. The admissions board will consider only those applicants who meet the minimum general entrance requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline, or an equivalent university qualification or the highest grade certificate of competency for unrestricted service as master mariner or chief engineer, or equivalent maritime qualifications AND
- substantial, directly relevant professional experience
- Competence in English language, demonstrated by an internationally recognised standard test
- Computer competence (at least the ability to use Microsoft Office)
In addition to meeting the requirements for the standard, 14-month program, applicants for advanced standing must demonstrate that they have already covered the content of the first term of the standard program.
The University fees for entrants to the Class of 2016 are as follows:
- Standard MSc program: $26,600
- Accelerated MSc program: $23,600
- English & Study Skills Program: $5,500
Master of Science in Maritime Affairs
World Maritime University (WMU) offers MSc and PhD programs, postgraduate diplomas, and professional development courses with the highest standards in maritime affairs. Located in Malmö, Sweden, the school has additional MSc programs in Shanghai and Dalian, China. WMU promotes the...
Want to know more about MSc in Maritime Affairs - Ocean Sustainability, Governance & Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe
Planning on studying a Master's degree in Europe? We're offering a scholarship to help cover your tuition fees and get you one step closer to your next great adventure!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.