About this program
Public Health, Bachelor of Science (521P, 521)
The Bachelor of Science in Public Health is accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH). Graduates are prepared to use their skills in a variety of government agencies, hospitals and other facilities of the health care system, community mental health agencies, employee health programs in business and industry, student health services on college campuses, and many non-profit health agencies and communities. Many students choose to pursue advanced degrees in public health, and this is strongly encouraged.
International Admissions Requirements
- A completed application (open WKU application for admission)
- Minimum academic requirements: Freshmen: 2.5 GPA / Transfer:* 2.0 GPA
- *Students with 24 or more earned hours of college credit
- English proficiency requirements (one of the following):
- TOEFL, IBT – 71
- IELTS – 6.0
- SAT Critical Reading – 450
- SAT Evidence-Based Reading & Writing – 460
- ELS – Level 109 PTE Academic – 52
- DuoLingo - 100 DET for one-semester Pathway program; 90 DET for two-semester Pathway program
- $75 non-refundable application fee
- Official Academic Records from schools attended with grades and any degrees/diplomas/certificates received. Should also include a literal English translation.
- Financial Evidence of Support must be provided to obtain an I-20
- Students transferring from within the US will need to fill out the Transfer-In Form
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Personal Health
- Foundations of Public Health Education
- Introduction to College Writing
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Colonnade: Arts & Humanities
- Introduction to Psychology, Introduction to Psycholog, Introduction to Lifespan Developmental Psychology, Introduction to Lifespan Developmental Psychology or Introductory Sociology
- Fundamentals of Public Speaking and Communication
- General Mathematics or Applied College Algebra
- Chemistry for the Health Sciences
- Introduction to Literature
- Public and Community Health
- General Microbiology or General Microbiology Laboratory
- World History I or World History II
- Connections - Social and Cultural
- Biostatistics in the Health Sciences
- Connections - Local to Global
- Safety and First Aid
- Writing in the Disciplines
- Global Perspectives on Population
- Environmental Health
- Introduction to Epidemiology
- Community Organization for Health Education
- Health Disparities and Health Equity
- Fundamentals of Public Health Planning
- Connections - Systems
- Public Health Senior Seminar
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Fall 2021/Spring 2022 Semester
- Resident :$5,496
- Military Veteran/Dependent Resident :$5,496
- Non-Resident (Domestic) :$13,500
- International :$13,824
Message the school
About this institute
Western Kentucky University
Founded in 1906, WKU is home to many highly-ranked and nationally-recognized academic programs such as business/management, journalism/broadcasting, engineering, computer sciences, social sciences, and public health, but it holds over 200 course programs that span the academic spectrum. More than 17,000...
Want to know more about Public Health, Bachelor of Science (521P, 521)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Melbourne (Australia), Australia
Kent, United States of America
Bangor, United States of America
Melbourne (Australia), Australia