About this program
The MPA program prepares graduate students from diverse backgrounds to be productive leaders and managers in public service by sharing knowledge, encouraging excellence in research and practice, and fostering an environment of professionalism within the communities we serve. We have a long history of providing quality education and practical experience to our students through community partnerships with organizations such as Kentucky's area development districts, the Legislative Research Commission, and the Center for Local Governments. Graduates go on to serve in a variety of local, state, federal, and nonprofit organizations, and many have successfully pursued doctoral degrees upon graduation from the MPA program.
International Admissions Requirements
- A completed application HERE
- Official transcripts demonstrating completion of bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university & certified English translation
- Any additional program requirements (writing samples, resume/vita, etc.)
- GRE/GMAT scores, if required by program
- Adequate academic preparation in the field of specialization
- English proficiency requirements (one of the following):
- TOEFL, IBT – 79
- IELTS – 6.5
- ELS - Level 112
- $95 non-refundable application fee
- Financial Evidence of Support must be provided to obtain an I-20
- Students transferring from within the US will need to fill out the Transfer-In Form
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Research Methods in Public Administration
- Public Sector Organizations
- Public Service Ethics
- Human Resources Management in Public Administration
- Public & Nonprofit Budgeting
- Public Policy Theory
- Public Policy Implementation & Evaluation
- Professional Seminar in Public Administration
- Internship in Public Administration
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Fall 2021/Spring 2022 Semester
- Resident :$607
- Military Veteran/Dependent Resident :$607
- Kentucky / Multi-state P-12 Educator :$350
- Non-Resident (Domestic) :$917
- Non-Resident (International) :$953
Message the school
About this institute
Western Kentucky University
Founded in 1906, WKU is home to many highly-ranked and nationally-recognized academic programs such as business/management, journalism/broadcasting, engineering, computer sciences, social sciences, and public health, but it holds over 200 course programs that span the academic spectrum. More than 17,000...
Want to know more about Public Administration? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Cedar City, United States of America
Pittsburgh, United States of America
Bloomington, United States of America