About this program
Game Design, Certificate (1761)
Game Design is an interdisciplinary certificate including departments from PCAL (Art, Communication) and OCSE (Computer Science). It is open to all students with an interest in computer game design.
International Admissions Requirements
- A completed application (open WKU application for admission)
- Minimum academic requirements: Freshmen: 2.5 GPA / Transfer:* 2.0 GPA
- *Students with 24 or more earned hours of college credit
- English proficiency requirements (one of the following):
- TOEFL, IBT – 71
- IELTS – 6.0
- SAT Critical Reading – 450
- SAT Evidence-Based Reading & Writing – 460
- ELS – Level 109 PTE Academic – 52
- DuoLingo - 100 DET for one-semester Pathway program; 90 DET for two-semester Pathway program
- $75 non-refundable application fee
- Official Academic Records from schools attended with grades and any degrees/diplomas/certificates received. Should also include a literal English translation.
- Financial Evidence of Support must be provided to obtain an I-20
- Students transferring from within the US will need to fill out the Transfer-In Form
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Game Programming
- Computer Animation I
- Gaming, Culture, Theory and Practice
- Introduction to Programming
- Problem Solving and Programming
- Computer Science I
- Problem Solving with Computational Techniques
- Two-Dimensional Design
- Three-Dimensional Design
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Fall 2021/Spring 2022 Semester
- Resident :$5,496
- Military Veteran/Dependent Resident :$5,496
- Non-Resident (Domestic) :$13,500
- International :$13,824
Students who successfully complete the certificate will:
- Design and build a functioning game.
- Demonstrate practical skills in at least one industry-standard programming language.
- Explore at least one industry-standard game design engine.
- Demonstrate the ability to successfully use the elements and principles of design to visually communicate ideas.
- Demonstrate logical thinking, critical thinking skills, and problem-solving.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website
About this institute
Western Kentucky University
Founded in 1906, WKU is home to many highly-ranked and nationally-recognized academic programs such as business/management, journalism/broadcasting, engineering, computer sciences, social sciences, and public health, but it holds over 200 course programs that span the academic spectrum. More than 17,000...
Be the first to write a review!