About this program
TheEd.D. in Educational Leadershipprovides knowledge and skills for its graduates to become effective change agents within educational and education-related environments. The program is designed to prepare scholarly practitioners whose program content and experiences emphasize application to the real world.
The primary purpose of the program is to develop the ability of education and education-related organizational practitioners to obtain and synthesize knowledge for the solution of institutional problems and practices. The program provides value-added opportunities for candidates to develop breadth and depth in understanding leadership, policy, and applied research methodologies. In addition, program experiences contribute to the development of future leaders who will creatively generate new knowledge, critically conserve valuable and useful ideas, and responsibly transform those understandings through writing, teaching and application. The dissertation for all areas of emphasis is expected to contribute knowledge and understanding of a critical issue drawn from the candidate's field of practice and be applicable for improving educational organizations.
International Admissions Requirements
- A completed application HERE
- Official transcripts demonstrating completion of bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university & certified English translation
- Any additional program requirements (writing samples, resume/vita, etc.)
- GRE/GMAT scores, if required by program
- Adequate academic preparation in the field of specialization
- English proficiency requirements (one of the following):
- TOEFL, IBT – 79
- IELTS – 6.5
- ELS - Level 112
- $95 non-refundable application fee
- Financial Evidence of Support must be provided to obtain an I-20
- Students transferring from within the US will need to fill out the Transfer-In Form
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Educational Leadership Doctoral Program Orientation
- Leadership Theories and Ethics
- Individual and Group Issues in Leadership
- Change Theory and Practice
- Leading the Organization
- Research Methods and Design for Educational Leaders
- Measurement and Survey Methods for Educational Leaders
- Program Evaluation for Educational Leaders
- Qualitative Research in Education
- Field Methods for Qualitative Research
- Intermediate Statistics and Design
- Seminar in Advanced Research Methods
- Educational Leadership Doctoral Program Internship
- Dissertation Research
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Fall 2021/Spring 2022 Semester
- Resident :$607
- Military Veteran/Dependent Resident :$607
- Kentucky / Multi-state P-12 Educator :$350
- Non-Resident (Domestic) :$917
- Non-Resident (International) :$953
About this institute
Western Kentucky University
Founded in 1906, WKU is home to many highly-ranked and nationally-recognized academic programs such as business/management, journalism/broadcasting, engineering, computer sciences, social sciences, and public health, but it holds over 200 course programs that span the academic spectrum. More than 17,000...
Be the first to write a review!