Preparatory Year in Romanian LanguageWest University of Timișoara
About this program
Preparatory Year in Romanian Language
The West University of Timișoara is one of the higher education institutions in Romania accredited to organize the Preparatory Year of the Romanian language. This language course is mandatory for foreign students who want to follow study programs taught in Romanian. During the preparatory year, students acquire the necessary knowledge of the Romanian language, as well as the specific knowledge, correlated with the profile of the future training (anatomy, physics, chemistry, technical drawing, etc.), if the study program is organized in Romanian.
When enrolling in study programs taught in the Romanian language, the following categories of persons are exempt from the obligation to present the certificate of graduation of the preparatory year: a. persons
Presenting documents of Romanian studies (diploma and certificates) or documents of studies, situations school attesting at least 4 years of consecutive studies followed, in Romanian, in a school unit of the national system in Romania;
B. Persons who, in order to enroll in university education, present certificates or attestations of language competence of minimum level B1, according to the common European framework of reference for foreign languages, issued by the accredited higher education institutions in Romania that organize the language preparatory year Romanian for foreign citizens, by the lectureships of Romanian language, literature, culture and civilization in universities abroad/the Romanian Language Institute or the Romanian Cultural Institute;
C. Those who pass the Romanian language test, following the examination by a specialized committee made up of teaching staff with at least the didactic position of lecturer. The examination can be done in the higher education institution where the candidate wishes to study, if this higher education institution carries out an authorized/provisionally authorized or accredited Romanian language and literature specialization/study program, or in another educational institution accredited higher education institution that carries out such a specialization / such a study program. Following this examination, a language proficiency certificate will be issued.
- The document of studies - copy and legalized translation (in Romanian, English, French or German - which allows the person in question access to the respective form of education and authenticated by the relevant authorities in the issuing country (Bachelor's Diploma or its equivalent and Diploma Bachelor's degree if the candidate opts for the Master's degree).For Doctorate studies, the Master's Diploma will also be included;
- Legalized copy and translation of the certificate and authenticated by the relevant authorities in the issuing country certifying the passing of the Baccalaureate/License/Master's exam for the graduates of the current year (as the case may be, if necessary);
- Transcripts - copies and translations legalized and authenticated by the relevant authorities in the issuing country - related to the studies carried out and the analytical program, in the case of candidates who request the equivalence of some study periods;
- Birth certificate copy and translation legalized and authenticated by the competent authorities of the issuing country;
- Passport copy - valid for at least 6 months after the date on which the Letter of Acceptance to Studies is issued;
- Medical certificate (in a language of international circulation) attesting to the fact that the person about to enroll in studies does not suffer from contagious diseases or other conditions incompatible with the future profession;
- Marriage certificate - if needed (to justify the change of surname);
- Copy of the document certifying permanent residence abroad (as applicable);
- Complete personal data sheet: address, e-mail address and telephone number;
- Personal data agreement form;
- 2 copies of the necessary documents;
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
For more information about tuition fees, please contact the University.
Message the school
About this institute
West University of Timișoara
Universitatea de Vest din Timișoara (UVT) / West University of Timişoara (WUT) is the main higher education institution and research center in Western Romania. Its community comprises roughly 15000 students and over 700 academic staff. It is a comprehensive university...
Want to know more about Preparatory Year in Romanian Language? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!