Master's in International Development & Management of GlobalAffairs (IDMGA)West University of Timișoara
Master's in International Development and Management of Global Affairs (IDMGA)
In a multi-disciplinary context, international development studies examine social, political and economic transformations involved in development and key issues connected to globalization, inequality, poverty, gender relations, environmental degradation and other dimensions constitutive to development. Focusing on a global perspective, the Masters in International Development and Management of Global Affairs offers to its students new professional opportunities for working in international non-governmental organizations or bilateral and multi-lateral development organizations by connecting local academic initiatives to global evolutions in international development studies.
- The graduates of the Masters in International Development and Management of Global Affairs will benefit academically and professionally from the development of the following professional skills:
- the capacity to understand the main political, social, economical and cultural processes involved in international development
- the capacity to critically examine the international development strategies elaborated and implemented by international development institutions
- the capacity to participate to the elaboration and implementation of international development projects and programs at the level of national and international institutions and organizations - the capacity to elaborate and implement alternative development projects through civil society organizations involved in international development
- the competence to participate in the process of strengthening the institutional capacity of the actors involved in the Sustainable Development Goals agenda and in the Official Development Assistance
- the capacity to understand the complexity of international development as a multidimensional process, involving economic, social, gender, cultural, anthropological, and ethical dimensions - the competence to propose solutions to the problems and difficulties inherent in international development programs
- the capacity to design research projects in the field of international development - the capacity to promote the development assistance agenda and the international development goals at national and international levels
The Masters in International Development and Management of Global Affairs answers to an increasing demand for expertise in the field of international development and for synchronizing local experiences in development with regional and global evolutions. It seeks to contribute to improve the knowledge and strengthen the capacity of the organizations involved in (international) development projects. Given that international cooperation for development is an especially complex and sensitive dimension of global politics, this masters seeks to equip students with the adequate academic expertise and professional skills for participating in various development initiatives.
Please consult our website for more information
Details concerning the study programmes in foreign languages can be accessed here
Details concerning the admission process for third E.U. citizens can be accessed here
Details concerning the admission process for E.U. citizens can be accessed here
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Theories and strategies of international development
- Introduction to management
- Culture Matters: Cultural Approaches to International Relations
- Education systems and policies
- Macroeconomy Diplomacy and global affairs
- International organisations
- Gender and development
- Project management
- Migration studies
- Social development in regional context
- Post-Colonial African Politics
- Methodology of dissertation writing
Scholarships & funding
We offer homestay in one of the university's dormitories, in one room, available for 2 up to 5 inhabitants at low costs (aprox. 50 euro per month). Student residence available for one academic year with the possibility of prolonging the stay during the summer holiday and for the next academic year.
We asked some of our international students to tell us something about their international experience at West University of Timișoara. Some of them answered specific questions, some expressed themselves freely and here’s the result:
About this institute
West University of Timișoara
Universitatea de Vest din Timișoara (UVT) / West University of Timişoara (WUT) is the main higher education institution and research center in Western Romania. Its community comprises roughly 15000 students and over 700 academic staff. It is a comprehensive university...
Want to know more about Master's in International Development & Management of GlobalAffairs (IDMGA)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...