BA PsychologyWebster Leiden Campus - Webster University USA
All available course dates
The bachelor of arts (BA) in psychology with an emphasis in mental health is designed to proved an understanding of how cognitive, behavioral, personality and social factors are involved in mental health and illness. Students who have successfully completed the degree will be prepared to pursue a variety of graduate and career opportunities within mental health-oriented fields (e.g. counseling, nursing, psychology, social work).
Students graduating with a bachelor of arts (BA) in psychology with an emphasis in mental health will need to pursue a graduate degree before they are able to obtain professional licensure. Students are encouraged to check entrance requirements for any post-graduate programs prior to finishing their BA at Webster in the event they need to take additional coursework.
- Official transcripts of the last 3 years of your secondary and all post-secondary education with certified English translations by an official translator of all documents in languages other than English. These transcripts must be certified with an original stamp by one of two authorities: the school that generated the transcript or the Ministry of Education in the school’s country. Webster University does not accept scanned copies. Should you apply before graduating, your admission status will be provisional until you submit a copy of your diploma and final transcripts when they become available.
- All applicants are asked to submit a 400-500 word essay on a topic of their choice. Most students take this opportunity to state why they would like to study at Webster University. You may also describe a special area of interest, experience or achievement. Additionally, you may also submit a resume of relevant academic, extracurricular and professional experience.Satisfactory scores on the Academic TOEFL examination (550/80) or Academic IELTS (6.0) examination. If you have attended an American/International/British school for 3 years or longer where the language of instruction was English, this requirement may be waived. If you attended an accredited institution in the United States for at least one year, as a full time student, this requirement will be waived. Webster University Leiden offers on campus TOEFL tests regularly throughout the year. If you will be taking a TOEFL test outside of Webster and would like to have your results automatically sent to us,
- Two letters of recommendation from a teacher, counselor and/or employer. The letter should discuss your character and aptitude for university study.
- A copy of your passport’s biographical page, plus any current residence permit or visa for the Netherlands.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The 39 credit hours required for the bachelor of arts in psychology include the following:
- Introduction to Psychology
- Careers in Psychology
- Introduction to Measurement and Statistics
- Introduction to Research Methods
- Sophomore Assessment
- Psychology and Ethics
- Senior Capstone: History, Philosophy, and Systems of Psychology
- Senior Assessment
- Psychology electives
At least ONE course from EACH of the following five content areas:
- Sensation and Perception
- Health Psychology
- Drug and Chemical Dependency
Clinical and Counseling Perspectives
- Abnormal Psychology
- Personality Theory
- Introduction to Counseling
- Introduction to the Helping Professions
Lifespan Development Perspectives
- Child Psychology
- Adolescent Psychology
- Lifespan Development
- Psychology of Adulthood and Aging
Learning and Cognitive Perspectives
- Applied Learning Theory
- Cognitive Psychology
- Psychology of Judgment and Decision Making
Social and Cross-Cultural Perspectives
- International Psychology
- Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- Social Psychology
- Motivation and Emotion
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the universitywebsite for more information.
- Full-time fee for fall and spring semesters: €8,100 per semester.
- Part-time fee for the summer term: €500 per credit hour and €1,500 per 3-credit hour.
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Describe the major concepts, theoretical perspectives, empirical findings and historical trends in psychology.
- Implement the use of scientific reasoning to interpret psychological phenomena and demonstrate the ability to interpret, design and conduct basic psychological research using statistical analyses.
- Apply ethical standards to evaluate psychological science and practice and apply those standards to build and enhance interpersonal relationships locally and globally.
- Demonstrate effective writing, exhibit effective presentation skills and interact effectively with others.
- Discuss the occupational pursuits available in a variety of settings given their psychological knowledge, skills and values.
- Discuss the psychological and behavioral processes in mental health and illness.
Completing an undergraduate degree in psychology equips you to add value in multiple industries. It also helps to broaden your scope of skills for suitable employment. While there are excellent opportunities in the field of Human Resources management and training, you can also find rewarding career opportunities in other fields. These include education, teaching, public affairs, social services, and mental health facilities. Apart from these, your education in psychology also greatly improves your appeal as an employee in other core industry areas. This is driven by a better understanding, communication, reading, comprehension, writing, and analytical skills during the course of your study. Last, but certainly not the least, you can also opt to pursue further studies in the field of psychology and eventually get into research or teaching at a post-graduate level.
With so many exciting options and for a subject so delicate and comprehensive, our undergraduate course in psychology can be a great option for both, people who just want to gain knowledge, or those working towards a successful career.
Webster University Leiden is the only accredited American University in The Netherlands and produces top-notch graduates each year. Watch this video to learn more about what makes these graduates so unique!
About this institute
Webster Leiden Campus- Webster University USA
Webster Leiden Campus is the only institute of higher education in the Netherlands offering American accredited degrees (both a BA/BS and MA/MBA education). Webster's mission in the Netherlands is to enrich the lives of global citizens by offering a flexible,...
Want to know more about BA Psychology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...