BA PsychologyWebster Leiden Campus
All available course dates
About this program
The bachelor of arts (BA) in psychology with an emphasis in mental health is designed to proved an understanding of how cognitive, behavioral, personality and social factors are involved in mental health and illness. Students who have successfully completed the degree will be prepared to pursue a variety of graduate and career opportunities within mental health-oriented fields (e.g. counseling, nursing, psychology, social work).
Students graduating with a bachelor of arts (BA) in psychology with an emphasis in mental health will need to pursue a graduate degree before they are able to obtain professional licensure. Students are encouraged to check entrance requirements for any post-graduate programs prior to finishing their BA at Webster in the event they need to take additional coursework.
- Submit the online application form
- Attach required documents
- Receive your admissions decision by e-mail
- Confirm your enrollment with a deposit
- Immigration team begins collecting your paperwork and submitting your immigration application.
- Early Decision Applicants:Students joining in the Fall must apply by March 1st of the previous year.
- Transfer Applicants: Students who have completed at least 30 credit hours at another higher education institution must provide documentation of their coursework.
- Visa Applicants: Apply 3 months before start of program.
- Deposit amounts vary depending on the applicants immigration category: EUR 250 (EU) | EUR 1000 (RP Required) | EUR 8000 (Visa Required)
- Advanced Credits: We accept IB, AP, GCE, VWO, and others for advanced credits. Contact your Admissions Officer if you would like to know your advanced credits evaluation.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
The 39 credit hours required for the bachelor of arts in psychology include the following:
- Introduction to Psychology
- Careers in Psychology
- Introduction to Measurement and Statistics
- Introduction to Research Methods
- Sophomore Assessment
- Psychology and Ethics
- Senior Capstone: History, Philosophy, and Systems of Psychology
- Senior Assessment
- Psychology electives
At least ONE course from EACH of the following five content areas:
- Sensation and Perception
- Health Psychology
- Drug and Chemical Dependency
Clinical and Counseling Perspectives
- Abnormal Psychology
- Personality Theory
- Introduction to Counseling
- Introduction to the Helping Professions
Lifespan Development Perspectives
- Child Psychology
- Adolescent Psychology
- Lifespan Development
- Psychology of Adulthood and Aging
Learning and Cognitive Perspectives
- Applied Learning Theory
- Cognitive Psychology
- Psychology of Judgment and Decision Making
Social and Cross-Cultural Perspectives
- International Psychology
- Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- Social Psychology
- Motivation and Emotion
Scholarships & funding
Carefully tailored financing packages available with advising from your Admissions Officer:
- Generous scholarship packages are available for financial need and merit based applicants usually in the range of 20% to 30%.
- Discounts apply for Alumni and Student Referrals.
- US Applicants are eligible for FAFSA (Code: 002521)
- US Applicants are eligible for Military Benefits.
- Occasional on-campus positions open up for student employees.
- Full-time: €7,695 flat fee per semester (Fall / Spring)
This fee includes a minimum of 12 to a maximum of 18 credit hours (flat fee).
Textbooks/e-books are included.
- Part-time or Summer: €475 per credit hour/ €1,425 per 3-credit hour course.
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Describe the major concepts, theoretical perspectives, empirical findings and historical trends in psychology.
- Implement the use of scientific reasoning to interpret psychological phenomena and demonstrate the ability to interpret, design and conduct basic psychological research using statistical analyses.
- Apply ethical standards to evaluate psychological science and practice and apply those standards to build and enhance interpersonal relationships locally and globally.
- Demonstrate effective writing, exhibit effective presentation skills and interact effectively with others.
- Discuss the occupational pursuits available in a variety of settings given their psychological knowledge, skills and values.
- Discuss the psychological and behavioral processes in mental health and illness.
Completing an undergraduate degree in psychology equips you to add value in multiple industries. It also helps to broaden your scope of skills for suitable employment. While there are excellent opportunities in the field of Human Resources management and training, you can also find rewarding career opportunities in other fields. These include education, teaching, public affairs, social services, and mental health facilities. Apart from these, your education in psychology also greatly improves your appeal as an employee in other core industry areas. This is driven by a better understanding, communication, reading, comprehension, writing, and analytical skills during the course of your study. Last, but certainly not the least, you can also opt to pursue further studies in the field of psychology and eventually get into research or teaching at a post-graduate level.
With so many exciting options and for a subject so delicate and comprehensive, our undergraduate course in psychology can be a great option for both, people who just want to gain knowledge, or those working towards a successful career.
Message the school
About this institute
Webster Leiden Campus
Webster Leiden Campus is the only institute of higher education in the Netherlands offering American accredited degrees (both a BA/BS and MA/MBA education). Bachelor Open Day - March 26 ------ Check the Events Link Down Below or Contact Us -------...
Want to know more about BA Psychology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...