BA International RelationsWebster Leiden Campus - Webster University USA
BA International Relations
All available course dates
BA International Relations
Students of International Relations are given the opportunity to explore, critique and understand the social, political and economic interactions of our contemporary globalized world. The International Relations Program at Webster Leiden is designed to prepare students for leadership and service in the international community. Students examine the great political powers, humanitarian issues and the dynamics of the global community using contemporary American and European approaches.
- Official transcripts of the last 3 years of your secondary and all post-secondary education with certified English translations by an official translator of all documents in languages other than English. These transcripts must be certified with an original stamp by one of two authorities: the school that generated the transcript or the Ministry of Education in the school’s country. Webster University does not accept scanned copies. Should you apply before graduating, your admission status will be provisional until you submit a copy of your diploma and final transcripts when they become available.
- All applicants are asked to submit a 400-500 word essay on a topic of their choice. Most students take this opportunity to state why they would like to study at Webster University. You may also describe a special area of interest, experience or achievement. Additionally, you may also submit a resume of relevant academic, extracurricular and professional experience.Satisfactory scores on the Academic TOEFL examination (550/80) or Academic IELTS (6.0) examination. If you have attended an American/International/British school for 3 years or longer where the language of instruction was English, this requirement may be waived. If you attended an accredited institution in the United States for at least one year, as a full time student, this requirement will be waived. Webster University Leiden offers on campus TOEFL tests regularly throughout the year. If you will be taking a TOEFL test outside of Webster and would like to have your results automatically sent to us,
- Two letters of recommendation from a teacher, counselor and/or employer. The letter should discuss your character and aptitude for university study.
- A copy of your passport’s biographical page, plus any current residence permit or visa for the Netherlands.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Introduction to Human Rights
- Theories of Human Rights
- Human Rights Field Experience
One course from each of the 3 following groups*:
Group 1: History, Politics, and International Relations
- Topics in African History
- Topics in Latin American History
- Topics in Non-Western History
- Current Problems in Human Rights
- International Human Rights Law
- Introduction to Comparative Politics
- The Politics of the Developing World
- The World System Since 1500
- International Law
- Governments and Politics of Eastern Europe
Group 2: Behavioral and Social Sciences
- Introduction to Cultural Anthropology
- Gender and Sex
- Class, Status and Power
- Race and Ethnicity
- Prejudice and Discrimination
- Topics in Mass Violence
- Human Rights and Business
Group 3: Communications, English, Philosophy, and Religious Studies
- Protest Literature
- Topics in Human Rights
- Advanced Topics in Human Rights
- Human Rights in Film: Documentaries
- Human Rights in Film: Narrative Films
- Human Rights Area Studies (3 hours)
- Human Rights and the Environment
- Introduction to Multicultural Studies
- Cultural Diversity in the Media
- Contemporary Moral Problems: Emphasis in Human Rights Issues
- Religion and Human Values
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the universitywebsite for more information.
- Full-time fee for fall and spring semesters: €8,100 per semester.
- Part-time fee for the summer term: €500 per credit hour and €1,500 per 3-credit hour.
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of key subfields and theories of International Relations as a discipline.
- Identify major actors and institutions of international relations and to know their functions.
- Analyze international issues from perspectives other than their own.
- Display familiarity with foreign cultures and languages.
- Graduates of International Relations, through their insight, knowledge and transferrable skills, are prepared for the workforce and a wide range of careers in international agencies, governmental organizations and the global private sector on an international scale.
- Webster students pursue internships and are provided with valuable opportunities to embark on careers in organizations such as the United Nations network, the OPCW, the Peace Corps, government ministries, inter-governmental and non-governmental organizations, multinationals and embassies/consulates, or to work as political consultants, lobbyists or journalists.
Webster University Leiden is the only accredited American University in The Netherlands and produces top-notch graduates each year. Watch this video to learn more about what makes these graduates so unique!
About this institute
Webster Leiden Campus- Webster University USA
Webster Leiden Campus is the only institute of higher education in the Netherlands offering American accredited degrees (both a BA/BS and MA/MBA education). Webster's mission in the Netherlands is to enrich the lives of global citizens by offering a flexible,...
Want to know more about BA International Relations? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Prague, Czech Republic