Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Public HealthWarwick Medical School
Our Master's in Public Health (MPH) course is an interdisciplinary degree, drawing upon expertise across a wide range of subject areas, and seeks to explore the complexity of Public Health issues in the UK and internationally.
The course aims to provide relevant qualifications to meet national and international needs for a skilled public health workforce and to prepare students for further academic study with a view to academic careers.
The course provides students with the opportunity to develop and demonstrate systematic knowledge and understanding in a wide range of public health areas, which is reinforced with the wide range of optional modules offered on the course, allowing students to pursue their own health-related interests.
Master's in Public Health ranked 3rd in the UK and 16th in the world
We're delighted that our Master's in Public Health has been ranked 3rd in the UK and 16th in the world in the Eduniversal Best Master's Ranking 2019.
This course is also available in Part time with 1-3 years duration.
Who is the course for?
The course is particularly aimed at:
- Those wishing to pursue a career in public health
- Those currently involved in the practice of aspects of public health or who are working in health promotion
- Those seeking membership of the UK Faculty of Public Health
We welcome applications from graduates with at least a 2:2 degree (or international equivalent) in an appropriate subject. Those without formal qualifications should demonstrate relevant work experience and the ability to study at postgraduate level.
International students will also be required to show sufficient competence in English (IELTS 6.5 overall with 6.5 in the reading and writing components and no component below 6).
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Epidemiology and Statistics
- Disease Prevention and Health Protection
- Social Determinants of Health
- Health Improvement and Management for Public Health
- Health Screening
- Design, Analysis and Interpretation Epidemiology Research
- International Health Policy
- Introduction to Health Economics (for non–economists)
- Public Mental Health and Wellbeing: Measurements, Determinants and Promotion
- Qualitative Research Methods in Health
- Introduction to Leadership and Management in Health Care Contexts
- Understanding Research and Critical Appraisal in Healthcare (UReCA)
- Understanding Research and Critical Appraisal in Healthcare (Distance Learning)
- Global Health
- Pathways to the Public Health Workplace
- Improving Safety and Quality in Healthcare
Optional Core Modules
- Professional Project
Fees for Home/EU students: £12,030
Fees for Overseas students: £27,180
Scholarships & funding
For more information about scholarships, please visit the university website.
Qualifications: MPH, PGCert, PGDip or PGA
About this institute
Warwick Medical School
Established in 2000, Warwick Medical School (WMS) forms part of the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Medicine at the University of Warwick. We are home to the UK's largest graduate-entry MB ChB programme and have two undergraduate courses on offer,...
Want to know more about Public Health? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...