MSci Integrated ScienceWarwick Medical School
MSci Integrated Science
All available course dates
MSci Integrated Science
Scientists ask questions about how the world works – especially the natural world – and then work to answer those questions using cycles of conjecture and experiment. Human curiosity leads us to ask basic questions. What is life? What distinguishes the living from the non-living? How do cells work? What causes disease?
MSci Integrated Science aims to equip you to pose and answer scientific questions by drawing freely on the methods and mindsets of mathematics, physics, biology, chemistry and computation. By combining the strengths of Warwick’s Medical School (WMS) and School of Life Sciences (SLS), this new course offers you unique opportunities to develop yourself as a scientist.
- AAA to include Mathematics and either Biology or Chemistry
- You will also need GCSE English at grade C/grade 4 or above
- 38 to include 6 in Higher Level Mathematics and 6 in either Higher Level Biology or Higher Level Chemistry.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Introductory Molecular Biology | Introductory Computational Skills
- Atoms and Molecules: Lectures
- Atoms and Molecules: Labs
- Organelles and Cells: Lectures
- Organelles and Cells: Labs
- Organisms and Populations: Lectures
- Organisms and Populations: Labs
- Tools for Biochemical Discovery
- Signalling and Integration in Health and Disease
- Protein Biochemistry
- Integrated Science: Evaluation and presentation of evidence
- Integrated Science Laboratories
- And one of:
- Ecology and its Applications
- Genetics and Genomics
- Microbial Pathogens
- Research Project
- Protein Targeting
- Structural Molecular Biology
- Biological Clocks
- Dynamics of Biological Systems
- Integrated Science: Experimental design and analysis
- And two of:
- Advanced Immunology
- Principles of Development
- Integrative Neuroscience
- Extreme Environment Biology
- Synthetic Biology
- Science Communication
- Integrated Science Extended Research Project
- Frontier Techniques and Research Skills in Biomedicine
- Research Topics in Interdisciplinary Biomedical Research
- Warwick Interdisciplinary Transferable Skills (Chemistry)
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
This is an innovative program and you will learn in many different ways. As well as lectures, seminars, group work and tutorials, you will spend a significant amount of time carrying out laboratory experimental work. This will enable you to learn experimental approaches and techniques and be actively engaged in science and research from the start of the course.
Award: Degree of Master of Science
Other potential career paths may include medicine, following a graduate-entry medical program on completion of this degree.
Graduates of biomedical, biological and biochemistry undergraduate degrees from the University of Warwick have gone on to work for organisations including:
- Taylor and Francis Scientific Publishing
- Diabetes UK
About this institute
Warwick Medical School
Established in 2000, Warwick Medical School (WMS) forms part of the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Medicine at the University of Warwick. We are home to the UK's largest graduate-entry MB ChB programme and have two undergraduate courses on offer,...
Want to know more about MSci Integrated Science? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...