MSci Integrated Science
New for 2020, MSci Integrated Science is a unique new course that aims to teach you how to frame and solve scientific problems in a “without-boundaries” way.
What we offer
MSci Integrated Science provides you with a framework to integrate your thinking and your experimental approaches across the sciences, with a focus on biological processes. We want you to become the best scientist you can be, able to draw freely on the methods and mindsets of mathematics, physics, biology, chemistry and computation.
You will have a passion for science and be predicted AAA+ at A level or equivalent, or a minimum of 38 International Baccalaureate points. You must be studying Maths and Biology or Chemistry.
We welcome applications from students with other internationally recognised qualifications.
For more information please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Year 1 modules
- Introductory Molecular Biology | Introductory Computational Skills
- Atoms and Molecules: Lectures
- Atoms and Molecules: Labs
- Organelles and Cells: Lectures
- Organelles and Cells: Labs
- Organisms and Populations: Lectures
- Organisms and Populations: Labs
Year 2 modules
- Tools for Biochemical Discovery
- Signalling and Integration in Health and Disease
- Protein Biochemistry
- Integrated Science: Evaluation and presentation of evidence
- Integrated Science Laboratories
And one of:
- Ecology and its Applications
- Genetics and Genomics
- Microbial Pathogens
Year 3 modules
- Research Project
- Protein Targeting
- Structural Molecular Biology
- Biological Clocks
- Dynamics of Biological Systems
- Integrated Science: Experimental design and analysis
And two of:
- Advanced Immunology
- Principles of Development
- Integrative Neuroscience
- Extreme Environment Biology
- Synthetic Biology
- Science Communication
Year 4 modules
- Integrated Science Extended Research Project (Students join a WMS laboratory)
- Frontier Techniques and Research Skills in Biomedicine
- Research Topics in Interdisciplinary Biomedical Research
- Warwick Interdisciplinary Transferable Skills (Chemistry)
Scholarships & funding
For more information about scholarships, please visit the university website.
Award: Degree of Master of Science
This is a new course so there are as yet no previous graduates. We expect that this course will appeal to passionate scientists wishing to pursue an academic career in scientific research. Other potential career paths may include medicine, following a graduate-entry medical program on completion of this degree.
Graduates of biomedical, biological and biochemistry undergraduate degrees from the University of Warwick have gone on to work for organisations including:
- Taylor and Francis Scientific Publishing
- Diabetes UK
About this institute
Warwick Medical School
Established in 2000, Warwick Medical School (WMS) forms part of the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Medicine at the University of Warwick. We are home to the UK's largest graduate-entry MB ChB programme and have two undergraduate courses on offer,...
Want to know more about MSci Integrated Science? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...