Bachelor's Degree in Society, Culture and Communication
The goal of the programmeSociety, Culture and Communicationis to train highly-qualified B. A. graduates in sociology and communication who would be able to identify and analyse social problems and cultural processes, to expertly conduct sociological and communication research, to explain, compare and evaluate social processes and to apply creatively their research skills in the fields of communication and information science.
Graduates ofSociety, Culture and Communicationstudy program will be eligible to continue studies in the Master study programs of sociology, social anthropology, and other social sciences and humanities in Lithuania and foreign study institutions.
- A high school diplomaor equivalent degree
- Proof of English Language: applicant has to present document proving B2 level (TOEFL 87 iBT/534, IELTS 5.5 or any other document proving B2 level) if the applicant had not received education in English. After admission all students have to take English language test at the Institute of Foreign Languages at Vytautas Magnus University. If English level will be below B2 students will have to study English to reach C1 level (in first four semesters of Bachelor studies).
Tuition fee per year (EU citizens) - 1466 Eur
Tuition fee per year (non EU citizens) - 1700 Eur
Note:International students from outside Lithuania can be admitted to state funded places in Lithuanian universities/colleges or apply for scholarships via a competitive admission process in the manner laid down in the law and provided that they are:
- citizens / family members of the citizens of the Republic of Lithuania or other countries in the European Union and the European Economic Area;
- non-EU/EEA nationals or stateless persons holding a permanent Lithuanian residence permit;
- Lithuanians living abroad.
If the above criteria are not satisfied, foreign nationals and stateless persons are accepted to universities/colleges via a competitive admission process to studyat their own expense.
Scholarships & funding
Vytautas Magnus University offers scholarships to foreign students who are applying forBachelor’sorMaster’sdegree programmes taught in English at Vytautas Magnus University.
Upon the decision of VMU scholarship commission scholarships apply tuition fee compensations, which may cover:
• Full tuition fee for the whole study period (100 % discount)
• Half of the tuition fee for the whole study period (50 % discount)
• Full tuition fee for one academic year (100 % discount)
• Full tuition fee for one semester (100 % discount)
Vytautas Magnus University is seeking intelligent, talented and ambitious people who view themselves as citizens of the world.
Enquire via the request information form to learn more.
Bachelor of Social Sciences (major - Sociology and minor - Communication)
Vytautas Magnus University (VMU) is a public university that was established in 1922. Ranked in QS World University Rankings 2018 as a leader in the country by its internationality, VMU is the only public higher education institution in Lithuania and...
Want to know more about Society, Culture and Communication? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe
Planning on studying a Master's degree in Europe? We're offering a scholarship to help cover your tuition fees and get you one step closer to your next great adventure!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.