PhD studies in EducationVytautas Magnus University
About this program
PhD studies in Education
Applicants to doctoral studies in the Education Science field are admitted through an open competition according to the chosen dissertation topic separately to each doctoral institution that has been granted the joint right of doctoral studies. Applicants can apply to no more than two different dissertation topics.
The doctoral program in education is designed to prepare doctors in the field of social sciences, who are able to independently carry out research and experimental developmental work and solve scientific problems.
The aim of the program is to develop responsible, ethically active, creative researchers capable to develop competitively the high-quality research at national and international levels with the focus on the creation of new knowledge and knowing, and contributing to education as science and practice through adding the value to the sustainable development of society.
Chat with students
- Problems of Contemporary Education Philosophy
- Educational Development Projects
- Development of Creativity in the Contemporary Educational System
- Social Research Methodology
- Conceptualization of Lifelong Learning in Theory and Politics
- High School Didactics
- Special Module
- Methodology of Quantitative Research in Education
- Methodology of Qualitative Research in Education
- Dimensions of Intercultural Education
- Profession and Psychosocial Development of Human Beings
- Special Module
- Theory of Social Education
- Career Design Paradigms
- Modern Theories of Education Sociology
- Development, Trends, and Prospects in Education
- Education Policy and Management: Identity and Globality
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
After completing the doctoral study program, doctors will be able:
- To know and develop the field of their research topics and its development, the main problems and research methods, and their social and cultural significance.
- To apply and develop advanced conceptual approaches and methodologies for research by ethically conducting original research, interpreting various perspectives, and relating them to situations and issues contextually.
- To study and evaluate complex educational phenomena from monodisciplinary, interdisciplinary, multidisciplinary, and interdisciplinary perspectives.
- To solve theoretical and practical issues in education based on conceptual and empirical research evidence.
- Critically and constructively evaluate research projects and research results communicated in scientific output.
- Design and conduct original educational research based on advanced quantitative, qualitative, or mixed research methodologies.
Doctoral studies in the field of education provide opportunities to:
- Participate in research internships abroad
- Actively get involved in research project
- Become a member of research teams by collaborating with experienced researchers
- Become leaders in research methodology by employing adequate methods and tools in research works
- Participate in a variety of scientific events and propositions and be a part of the intellectual academic community at the University
Message the school
About this institute
Vytautas Magnus University (VMU)
Vytautas Magnus University (VMU) is a public university that was established in 1922. VMU is the only public higher education institution in Lithuania and one of the few in the region where a wide liberal arts education is imparted. This means that...
Why study at Vytautas Magnus University
FACTS & FIGURES:
12 academic subdivisions - Economics & Management | Political Science & Diplomacy | Arts | Humanities | Social Sciences | Natural Sciences | Informatics | Law | Catholic Theology | Music Academy | Education Academy | Agricultural Academy
- 9000 students - 15% international students from over 80 countries
- 30 - bachelor & master’s degree study programmes taught in English
- 800 partnerships - student and staff exchange possibilities with scholarships in over 82 countries all around the world
30 foreign languages - ranging from Ancient, New Testament and Modern Greek to Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Danish, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, old and modern Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin, Latvian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish and Turkish
18 joint and double degree study programmes - organized together with partner universities in Germany, Belgium, Italy, Portugal, Sweden, Kazakhstan and other countries.
VMU scholars and graduates:
Decision-makers, scientists, artists, policy definers, discoverers, and contributors to the public welfare.
Vytautas Magnus University
Want to know more about PhD studies in Education? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!