Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Pedagogy of Primary Education and Early Foreign Language Teaching
To prepare a teacher of primary education who is able to work at institutions of primary education and to apply methods and technologies based on the newest findings in pedagogical science and research and who is creative and capable of planning and organising high quality education of primary school pupils with a special focus on early foreign language teaching.
- A high school diploma or equivalent degree (Original High School degree diploma and translation into English, and Approved by “Apostille” - for citizens of countries acceding to the 1961 Hague Convention;
- Proof of English Language: applicant has to present document proving B2 level (TOEFL 87 iBT/534, IELTS 5.5 or any other document proving B2 level) if the applicant had not received education in English. After admission all students will be tested for English language level at the Institute of Foreign Languages at Vytautas Magnus University. If English level will be below B2 students will have to study English to reach C1 level by paying extra money for credits.
- Admission score is counted based on: English language*0,4 + History*0,2 + Native Language*0,2 + Mathematics*0,2
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Philosophy of Education
- Pedagogy of Primary Education
- General and Developmental Psychology
- Curriculum Content Integration Methodology
- Optional Courses
- Foreign Language
- Group Processes and Dynamics
- Physical Education. Dance
- Pre-school Education
- Educational Psychology
- Inclusive education
- Curriculum Design and Management
- Pedagogical Assistant Practice
- Professional Ethics and Communication
- Optional Courses
- Communication Psychology
- Education Systems and Sustainable Development
- Identity and Intercultural Learning
- Art (Music, Theatre, Cinema) Education
- Health Education
- Development of Emotional Intelligence
- Optional Courses
- Integrated Mathematical Education
- Language Education in an Intercultural Context
- STEAM education
- Development of English Communication Skills 1
- English Phonetics and Its Didactics
- Learning Environments
- Pedagogical Practice in the Supervise of the Mentor 1
- Teaching of Algebra and Statistics
- Creativity in Art and Technology
- Early English Language Education
- Development of English Communication Skills 2
- Entrepreneurship and Financial Literacy Education
- Pedagogical Action Research
- Integrated Teaching of History and Geography in Primary Education
- Teaching of Arithmetic and Geometry
- Responsible ICT Application in Primary Education
- Primary School Management and Leadership
- English Grammar and Didactics
- Learning Technologies for English Learning
- Individual Progress Assessment Strategies
- Pedagogical Practice in the Supervise of the Mentor 2
- Informal Education for Children and Educational Projects
- Personalized learning
- Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL) at Early Stages
- Course Paper in English
- Course Paper
- Self – Dependent Pedagogical Practice
- Research on Professional Activities
- Human Rights in Education Process
- Country Study (The UK and the USA)
- Children’s Literature in English-Speaking Countries
- Final Project
The tuition price is €2,951 per year
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information
Bachelor Degree (Bachelor degree of Educational sciences. Qualification: Teacher)
- Will be able to integrate theoretical and didactic knowledge of various sciences (moral education, languages, mathematics, social and natural sciences, physical education, technologies and arts) and to design the curriculum of primary (self-)education on the basis of this knowledge.
- Will be able to analyse, systematize and critically assess information as well as legal and political documents related with the preparation of pre-school, pre-primary and primary school teaching curricula.
- Will be able to explain the features of personality development of pupils of an early school age emerging due to the influence of different environmental factors, and to understand the fundamentals of pupils’ (self)development as the basis for their professional activity.
- Will be able to plan, organize, implement and summarize professional action research and scientific research and to use the research results in their teaching practice as well as to reflect on the perspectives of their professional development.
- Will be able to create and ensure a safe learning environment that is oriented to learners’ needs and stimulates the learning process; will be able to design favorable conditions for the formation of pupils’ values and social skills as well as for their comprehensive personal development and self-expression through the use of various teaching tools, digital technologies and equipment, enhancing the variety of learning activities, learning accessibility to every learner, their engagement in group work and their development of independent learning skills.
- Will be able to plan and monitor the teaching process purposefully and to select suitable teaching methods, materials and tools for effective achievement of aims and their evaluation.
- Will be able to assess individual differences of development and growth, personal peculiarities, based on social environment, gender, nationality, culture, etc., and will be able to personalize the teaching process trying to improve and form personal pupils’ motivation, self-directed and independent learning.
- Will be able to apply various innovative educational tools, technologies and methodologies in their teaching activities, to educate primary school pupils in line with these methodologies as well as to correctly use their native tongue and communicate in a foreign language in professional activities.
- Will be able to work individually and in a team, to adapt easily to a changing environment and to cooperate productively.
- Will be able to assume responsibility and leadership in educating pupils, fostering their innovativeness and developing critically thinking personalities.
- Will be able to be open, flexible and critical in various pedagogy-related situations and plan their career by reflecting on the teaching process and results, assessing the activity, undertaking individual learning, affecting community with responsibility and assuming responsibility for their actions.
About this institute
Vytautas Magnus University (VMU) is a public university that was established in 1922. Ranked in QS World University Rankings 2018 as a leader in the country by its internationality, VMU is the only public higher education institution in Lithuania and...
Want to know more about Pedagogy of Primary Education and Early Foreign Language Teaching? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...