About this program
Bachelor degree Program Music production is unique in the region. It aims at giving all necessary creative training to contemporary music producers, including everything they need in their successful professional career. Everything you learn is designed to help starting and managing a successful music career. You will create real life projects accommodated and fitted to the on-going possibilities at the university (performing at live events, media compositions, music concerts) and built around student’s needs.
- You will use an equipment matching the standarts of music industry.
- You will have an opportunity to work in three professional sound recording studios.
- The only Music Production study Program fully in English in Lithuania.
- You will meet the professionals of music industry and realize the real-life music projects during your studies.
- Study Program is distinguished by its internationality and is based on British experience of organising studies.
While studying Music Production Program, you will have the opportunity to produce your music in 3 professional sound studios equipped up to the industry standard. You will receive training on Logic Studio software, and use Avid Pro Tools, Ableton and Final Cut Pro. Our lecturers have professionally worked in media industry and gained experience abroad. Most of the staff is involved in various activities of creative industries (composers, sound designers, researches, technicians, video artists, producers), so their latest practice can be quickly incorporated into the course.
- A high school diplomaor equivalent degree.
- Proof of English Language: applicant has to present document proving B2 level (TOEFL 87-109 iBT/534-633 PBT, IELTS 5-6,5, Cambridge English First (FCE) 161-180, BEC Vantage 161-180, Michigan ECCE (min. 650), PTE General Level 3, TOEIC Listening & Reading 785, TOEIC Speaking & Writing 310, Duolingo 100-125, EnglishScore 400-499) if the applicant is not native speaker and/or had not received education in English.
- Admission score is counted as follows: Portfolio * 0,7 + Motivation letter * 0,1 + Interview * 0,2.
- The Portfolio is your opportunity to display your creativity, expertise, and knowledge about music composition. Use your imagination when compiling your portfolio! The content should reflect originality, skills, and personality. Please make sure your portfolio adheres to the following requirements:
- 10-20 minutes of your own music composition. If you are also a singer, please include examples of your vocal performances
- Please attach a written rationale of 200 words (1 x A4 page double-spaced) which explains the inspiration behind your work
- All work in your entry portfolio should be recent (this means you should have completed it within the last 24 months) and must represent YOUR OWN ideas and work, and not infringe upon the copyright or intellectual property of other artists, authors, or talent.
- All portfolios should be submitted by giving a link without expiration limit to audio or video files on Google Drive or other file storage and synchronization service.
- All other (text) digital submissions should be in PDF format.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Tuition fee per year: 8244 Eur.
The covered study areas include:
- Compositional and technical skills.
- Research skills.
- Exploration of the creative uses of sound manipulation.
- Developing knowledge of critical and contextual language in relation to specific areas of music production, DJ practice and live performance.
- Developing and understanding of recording skills.
- Methodology in mixing and mastering.
- Examination of industry marketing strategies and their successful application in your business model.
- Creating your music promotion and marketing strategies.
- Creating a functioning website with an end user in mind.
- To become a freelance composer or music producer, sound designer.
- To work as an arranger, orchestrator.
- To become a recording engineer and work in TV, Radio or Freelance.
- To become a teacher in music production in the academic/ education system.
- To work on other positions in audiovisual media industry with emphasis on sound and music.
- To pursue studies in Master’s programs within VMU or other universities.
Message the school
About this institute
Vytautas Magnus University (VMU)
Vytautas Magnus University (VMU) is a public university that was established in 1922. VMU is the only public higher education institution in Lithuania and one of the few in the region where a wide liberal arts education is imparted. This means that...
Why study at Vytautas Magnus University
FACTS & FIGURES:
12 academic subdivisions - Economics & Management | Political Science & Diplomacy | Arts | Humanities | Social Sciences | Natural Sciences | Informatics | Law | Catholic Theology | Music Academy | Education Academy | Agricultural Academy
- 9000 students - 15% international students from over 80 countries
- 30 - bachelor & master’s degree study programmes taught in English
- 800 partnerships - student and staff exchange possibilities with scholarships in over 82 countries all around the world
30 foreign languages - ranging from Ancient, New Testament and Modern Greek to Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Danish, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, old and modern Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin, Latvian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish and Turkish
18 joint and double degree study programmes - organized together with partner universities in Germany, Belgium, Italy, Portugal, Sweden, Kazakhstan and other countries.
VMU scholars and graduates:
Decision-makers, scientists, artists, policy definers, discoverers, and contributors to the public welfare.
Want to know more about Music Production? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!