Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
This program is oriented towards the theories and policies of international economics, its legal aspects, micro and macro economic analysis of economic activity, strategy planning, advanced methods of modern economic analysis, etc.
The goal of International Economics is to prepare qualified experts of international economics who would be knowledgeable in the field and able to conduct scientific research at micro or macro levels, considering it in international and global contexts. Graduates of the program will possess the necessary skills for assessing and formulating international economic policies, conducting scientific economic analysis, employing appropriate methods and techniques for prediction and implementation of economic strategies at organizational and national levels, establishing effective communication with scientists, politicians and practitioners internationally, etc.
Masters of International Economics will be able to use their newly acquired knowledge and understanding of international economic processes in independent analysis and critical assessment of theory and processes in the economic system. They will find original ways to develop and apply ideas of international economics in the context of scientific research, solve problems in a new or unfamiliar interdisciplinary environment, etc.
- Bachelor degree diploma or equivalent degree in the field of Economics or Finance. Applicants should have at least 30 ECTS in the field of Economics, Finance and Management.
- Proof of English Language: applicant has to present document proving B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (TOEFL 87 iBT/534, IELTS 5.5 or any other document proving B2 level) if the applicant had not received education in English. After admission all students will be tested for English language level at the Institute of Foreign Languages at Vytautas Magnus University. If English level will be below B2 students have to study English to reach B2 level in first two semesters of Master studies. Students have to self-fund English studies.
- Admission score is counted based on: Arithmetic average of bachelor degree diploma supplement all subjects* 0,7 + Evaluation of bachelor thesis or final examination * 0,3.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Macroeconomics and Monetary Policy
- International Business Law
- Financial Measurement Systems and Instruments
- Behavioral and Experimental Economics
- Optimization Methods in Economics
- Comparative Economics: Research Methodology and Research Paper No. 1
- Microeconomics and Game Theory
- Economics of Institutions
- Econometrics II
- Subject from Personal Skills Group
- International Trade and Finance
- International Corporate Strategy
- Global Economy
- Final Master Thesis
- Subject from Management Skills Group
- Subject from Sustainable Development Group
The tuition price is €2,952 per year
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information
Master Degree (Master of Social Sciences)
With this degree on their résumé, graduates will be able to work as professional economists in international companies, agencies, governmental institutions and the private sector. They may also choose to pursue a PhD. in economics.
About this institute
Vytautas Magnus University (VMU) is a public university that was established in 1922. Ranked in QS World University Rankings 2018 as a leader in the country by its internationality, VMU is the only public higher education institution in Lithuania and...
Want to know more about International Economics? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Gran Canaria, Spain