Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Food Quality and Safety
After completion of the program graduates will be able to:
- use modern laboratory equipment, special computer programs, processing and interpreting research results, developing and implementing new ideas;
- apply information management skills, knowledge of research methodology in the management of food raw material production processes;
- analyze environmental factors, soil potential, ways to improve and protect it, select technologies for growing raw materials, processing and storage processes affecting their quality and safety;
- evaluate the influence of environmental factors on a person, the advantages of a healthy lifestyle, the regularities of the factors determining the quality of food raw materials;
- apply scientific principles to control and ensure the quality of food raw materials, selecting appropriate analytical methods to solve practical problems;
- plan and execute the experiment, starting with problem identification and evaluation and presentation of experimental data.
- High school / secondary education (or higher): senior high school diploma with a good average grade (min. CGPA >50 %)
- Proficiency in English: IELTS 5,5 or TOEFL 79+ or equivalent to B2.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Mathematics and Informatics
- Inorganic and Analytical Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Basic Economics
- Basics of Management
- Physiology of Human Nutrition
- Agricultural Systems
- General Ecology
- Plant Raw Materials for Food
- Animal Raw materials for Food
- General Food Microbiology
- Food Microbiology and Toxicology
- Food Economics
- Food Law
- Basic course of Research Methodology
- Processing of Food Raw Materials
- Engineering of Processing of Food Raw Materials
- Storage of Raw Agricultural Food
- Science of Food Commodities
- Food Additives
- Organically Food Products
- Food Chemistry
- Food Hygienic
- Biological Active Substances
- Management Systems of Food Safety and Quality
- Instrumental and Sensory Analyses of Food Raw Materials
- Functional Food
- Packaging Materials and Technologies
- Biotechnology of Food Raw Materials
The tuition price is €2,951 per year
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information
Bachelor Degree (Bachelor of Agricultural Sciences)
Graduates have career opportunities to work in governmental institutions shaping food policy, food quality assessment laboratories, food processing companies, public and private companies, consultancy services, and start their own business. The program offers graduates opportunity to further second cycle studies (MSc) in the study program “Quality and safety of plant raw materials for food” or in others study programs of agricultural sciences in Lithuanian and foreign universities.
About this institute
Vytautas Magnus University (VMU) is a public university that was established in 1922. Ranked in QS World University Rankings 2018 as a leader in the country by its internationality, VMU is the only public higher education institution in Lithuania and...
Want to know more about Food Quality and Safety? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
San Cristóbal de La Laguna, Spain
Saint Petersburg, Russia