Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Master's Degree in Finance
Master degree study programme of Finance was introduced in September 1993. The developed study programme was based on curriculum benchmarking through networking with foreign universities (e.g. from USA, Denmark) and the best practices. The peculiarities of the Finance programme at VMU are built on broad theoretical foundation in economics and finance, and specializing study subjects by different knowledge areas; rich menu of elective study subjects offered from Programmes in economics, management and business administration, as well as other social sciences offered at VMU; strong international context of contents of study subjects, reflecting integration of financial intermediaries and markets into international organizations; continuing curriculum development, taking into account dynamics of business and financial environment, and demand for new knowledge and competencies in finance. Since 2013 – 2014 academic year the programme is taught entirely in English.
The purpose of the programme is to train qualified specialists in finance, who have assimilated modern theories and methods in financial management, have systematic approach to macroeconomic processes and financial management at micro level, are able to analyze and to evaluate critically the processes on-going in the financial system and in business structures, to keep abreast of scientific and practical innovations in the finance field and to apply them in the professional activities.
Students admitted to the programme have a possibility to study for theDouble Diploma with the leading Business Schools from CEEMS network: Louvain School of Management at Louvain Catholic University, Belgium and Norway School of Economics in Bergen.
- Bachelor degree diplomaor equivalent degree in the field of Economics, Management or Business Administration or other Social Science field. Applicants, who have not studied in Economics, Management or Business Administration undergraduate programmes, should have minimum 4 ECTS in Economics, 10 ECTS in Finance and 6 ECTS in Econometrics. The programme of complementary studies (10-12 ECTS) is proposed for the students who did not take all the prerequisite subjects. The programme of complementary studies is completed in parallel during the first two semesters.
- Proof of English Language: applicant has to present document proving B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (TOEFL 87 iBT/534, IELTS 5.5 or any other document proving B2 level) if the applicant had not received education in English. After admission all students will be tested for English language level at the Institute of Foreign Languages at Vytautas Magnus University. If English level will be below B2 students have to study English to reach B2 level in first two semesters of Master studies. Students have to self-fund English studies.
- Admission score is counted based on: Arithmetic average of bachelor degree diploma supplement all subjects* 0,7 + Evaluation of bachelor thesis or final examination * 0,3.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Tuition fee per year (EU citizens) - 2608 Eur
Tuition fee per year (non EU citizens) - 2900 Eur
Note:International students from outside Lithuania can be admitted to state funded places in Lithuanian universities/colleges or apply for scholarships via a competitive admission process in the manner laid down in the law and provided that they are:
- citizens / family members of the citizens of the Republic of Lithuania or other countries in the European Union and the European Economic Area;
- non-EU/EEA nationals or stateless persons holding a permanent Lithuanian residence permit;
- Lithuanians living abroad.
If the above criteria are not satisfied, foreign nationals and stateless persons are accepted to universities/colleges via a competitive admission process to studyat their own expense.
Scholarships & funding
Vytautas Magnus University offers scholarships to foreign students who are applying forBachelor’sorMaster’sdegree programmes taught in English at Vytautas Magnus University.
Upon the decision of VMU scholarship commission scholarships apply tuition fee compensations, which may cover:
• Full tuition fee for the whole study period (100 % discount)
• Half of the tuition fee for the whole study period (50 % discount)
• Full tuition fee for one academic year (100 % discount)
• Full tuition fee for one semester (100 % discount)
Vytautas Magnus University is seeking intelligent, talented and ambitious people who view themselves as citizens of the world.
Enquire via the request information form to learn more.
Master of Business Management and for Double diploma studies Master of Science in Management (at Louvain Catholic University) or Master of Science in Economics and Business Administration (at Norway School of Economics)
About this institute
Vytautas Magnus University (VMU) is a public university that was established in 1922. Ranked in QS World University Rankings 2018 as a leader in the country by its internationality, VMU is the only public higher education institution in Lithuania and...
Want to know more about Finance? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Mental health support after COVID-19
What do you expect from your university?
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...