Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
The general aims of Environmental Science undergraduate program are to educate the competent specialists and researches in the chosen research and study area. To empower them to develop intellectual competencies in order to be capable to participate in research advancements, to take responsibilities in research and practice developments as well as to disseminate knowledge. The more specifically aim of Environmental Science program is to acquire knowledge and develop practical skills required to perform environmental monitoring and assessment, analyse natural and anthropogenic environmental and climate changes, their impact on living organisms and human health, and to ground environmental impact mitigation measures according to the principles of sustainable development.
- Applicants for Environmental Sciences program must have a high school degree diploma (Mathematics and Biology courses have to be included into curriculum)
- Proof of English Language: B2 (TOEFL 80 iBT/605 PBT, IELTS 5.5)
- Admission score is counted based on: Motivation letter*0,3 + English*0,3 + Mathematics*0,2 + Biology *0,2.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- English Language
- Basic Ecology
- General and Analytical Chemistry
- Animal Ecology
- English Language
- Organic and Bioorganic Chemistry
- General Physics
- Environment and Development
- Environmental Geology
- Practice of Environmental Geology and Ecology
- English Language or B1
- Meteorology and climatology
- Professional Language of Natural Sciences
- Water Ecology
- English Language or B3
- Physicochemical Analysis
- Plant Ecophysiology
- Soil Ecology
- Practice of Environmental Sciences
- Animal Biology
- Environmental Bioindication
- Statistic in Environmental and Biology
- Environmental Quality Assessment and Monitoring
- Human Ecology
- Environmental Chemistry
- Environmental Engineering
- Research Paper 1
- Environmental Engineering Practice
- Cell Biology
- Environmental Toxicology
- Landscape Geography and Environmental Protection
- Biodiversity Conservation
- Basics of Geographical Information Systems
- Environmental Policy and Law
- Research Paper 2
- Environmental Resources Management
- Global Environmental and Ecosystems Changes
- Environmental Economics
- Bachelor Thesis
The tuition price is €2,951 per year
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information
Bachelor Degree (Bachelor of Physical Sciences)
After completion of this study program students will be able
- Define the main natural and anthropogenic components of the environment, their interaction and anthropogenic impact on the environment.
- Explain local, regional and global environmental problems caused by human activity;
- Apply quantitative and qualitative methods to environmental monitoring and assessment of the state of the environment and its anthropogenic changes.
- Analyse short-term and long-term environmental and climate changes, the main trends and their reasons from the point of view of sustainability.
- Summarise the key environmental problems, factors determining them and potential threats to the natural environment and human health.
Ground sustainability-based political, administrative, economic, and technical environmental impact mitigation measures.
The program provides graduates with several general areas:
- Research science positions in laboratories working in environmental quality evaluation and assessment.
- Laboratory and production technician positions in biotechnology, pharmaceutic, food, cosmetic, agriculture and biochemical industries.
- Companies related to environmental agencies, environmental control and food industry and safety, biotechnology, biopharmaceutics, health services.
- Management positions in the industry and related government institutions.
About this institute
Vytautas Magnus University (VMU) is a public university that was established in 1922. Ranked in QS World University Rankings 2018 as a leader in the country by its internationality, VMU is the only public higher education institution in Lithuania and...
Want to know more about Environmental Science? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Alliance, United States of America
Baltimore, United States of America