The aim of this program is to acquire interdisciplinary knowledge and skills necessary for a qualified environmental professional to carry out a modern scientific research on anthropogenic environmental and climate changes and their impact on the wildlife and human health, analyse and summarise results about the state and changes in the natural environment, and make decisions, solving complex environmental problems according to the sustainability principle.
- Applicants to the Environmental Management Master program are required to have a university Bachelor degree in Environmental Science; Geography; Natural Resources; Biology; Ecology; Ecosystem Conservation and/or Management; Sustainable Development; Environmental Engineering; Marine Science; Forestry; Climate Science; Mathematics; Physics or equivalent degree and motivation letter.
- Proof of English Language: applicant has to present document proving B1 level (TOEFL 62 iBT/408, IELTS 4.5 or any other document proving B1 level) if the applicant had not received education in English. After admission all students will be tested for English language level at the Institute of Foreign Languages at Vytautas Magnus University. If English level will be below B1 students will have to study English to reach B1 level in first two semesters of Master studies. Students have to self-fund English studies.
- Admission score is counted based on: Motivation letter* 0,3 + Arithmetic average of bachelor degree diploma supplement all subjects* 0,4 + English grade* 0,3.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Sustainable Development
- Environmental research methodology
- Urban environments and its management
- Geoinformatics for Environmental Sciences
- Environmental Management
- Experimental Ecotoxicology
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Landscape Management
- Research Paper 1
- Statistical analysis of Environmental Data
- Environmental epidemiology and health risk management
- Lithuanian and EU environmental Law
- Research Paper 2
- Scientific – Professional Practice
- Final work (Master Thesis)
- Green economy and policy
- Public Administration of the European Union
- Molecular Ecology
- Special course
The tuition price is €4,234 per year
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information
Master of Science (Master of Physical Sciences)
Graduates of the program will be able
- Analyse complex environmental problems by determining their causal factors, interactions and integrating interdisciplinary knowledge.
- Assess the complex impact of environmental and climatic factors on wildlife and human health by means of formulating scientific hypotheses, research aims and objectives, and selecting efficient research methods.
- Formulate scientific conclusions based on systematised environmental research findings and comprehensive statistical analysis of parametric and spatial data.
- Assess environmental and human health risk, suggesting preventive risk mitigation measures.
- Make knowledge and best practices based and optimal from the point of sustainability and Green economy environmental management decisions
Graduates of the program can continue their studies in the environment related PhD programs.
The program provides graduates with several general areas :
- Work as senior specialists at the Departments and Agencies of Environmental Ministry,
- Work as senior environmental specialists at the Environmental divisions of Municipalities, Service of Protected areas, Consulting companies, Agencies for management of the EU Environmental support and private Environmental firms
About this institute
Vytautas Magnus University (VMU) is a public university that was established in 1922. Ranked in QS World University Rankings 2018 as a leader in the country by its internationality, VMU is the only public higher education institution in Lithuania and...
Want to know more about Environmental Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Potsdam, United States of America
Rochester, United States of America