Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
In the contemporary world global political processes are directly controlled by diplomacy. Diplomacy is also fundamental social practices enabling mediate, communicate and represent interests of institutions and states while being able to orientate and control conflict situations. Diplomat is a professional who has wide interdisciplinary perception, deep analytical thinking, is creative and capable communicate efficiently and politely.
This knowledge can be applied not only in diplomatic and civil service, working for international organizations, but also private sector, which needs employees with leadership and moderation skills.
The aim of the program is to prepare professional diplomats who are analytical,critical and creative; have all necessary skills for formation and implementation of foreign policy (strategic planning, implementation of programs and projects, communication, negotiation, preparation of texts, public presentations, critically assessments of global events, and adaptation to changing environment).
- A high school diploma or equivalent degree
- Proof of English Language: applicant has to present document proving B2 level (Cambridge English Advanced, TOEFL 87 iBT/534 PBT, IELTS 6.0 or any other document proving B2 level) if the applicant had not received education in English. After admission all students will be tested for English language level at the Institute of Foreign Languages at Vytautas Magnus University. If English level will be below B2 students will have to study English to reach B2 level by paying extra money for credits.
- Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, the Humanities or other Social Science field is required. Applicants who have not studied in a Political Science undergraduate program, should have 18 credits in Political Science. The program of complementary studies (18 ECTS) is proposed for the students who did not take all the prerequisite subjects. The program of complementary studies is completed in parallel during the first two semesters by paying additional tuition fee per credit
- The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English. Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
- A motivation letter must be added to your application;
- Education Documents (University Certificate and Transcript of Records) will need to be assessed by the accredited institution during the first semester of studies.
- Admission score is counted based on: Motivation letter*0,5 + Grade Point Average*0,3 + Grade of Final Thesis (Exam)*0,2
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Efficient Multilateralism
- International and Diplomatic Law
- History of Diplomacy
- Practice of Negotiations
- Economic Diplomacy
- Public Communication and Media
- Crisis Diplomacy
- Basics of Interpersonal Communication
- Cultural Diplomacy
- Political Systems and Foreign Policies of
- Ethnic Conflicts and International Relations
- Political Analysis and Reporting
- Management of Projects and programs
- Master Thesis
The tuition price is €2,952 per year
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information
Master Degree (Master of Social Sciences)
About this institute
Vytautas Magnus University (VMU) is a public university that was established in 1922. Ranked in QS World University Rankings 2018 as a leader in the country by its internationality, VMU is the only public higher education institution in Lithuania and...
Want to know more about Diplomacy? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...