Bachelor's Degree in Biotechnology
The general aims of Biotechnology undergraduate programme are to educate the competent specialists and researches in the chosen research and study area. To empower them to develop intellectual competencies in order to be capable to participate in research advancements, to take responsibilities in research and practice developments as well as to disseminate knowledge.
More specifically this programme aims:
- To deepen competencies in biology, biochemistry, genetics, immunology, microbiology, molecular biology and other subjects essential for an advanced level of biotechnology specialist.
- To provide students with the scientific, intellectual and practical education in order they would be capable to empower themselves for lifelong learning and career in biotechnology.
- To provide for students the supportive learning environment fostering their academic, professional and personal development.
The purpose of the programme is to prepare a competitive qualified biotechnology professionals with knowledge and skills of classic and modern chemistry, physics, biology, biochemistry and other basic sciences as well as applied biotechnology subjects (bioinformatics, plant, animal, pharmaceutical and molecular biotechnology) which are required for application of biotechnology in the practical and professional activities in creating new products and technologies, starting their own business or for pursuing further studies.
- A high school diplomaor equivalent degree (Mathematics, Biology and/or Chemistry have to be included into curriculum).
- Proof of English Language: applicant has to present document proving B2 level (TOEFL 87-109 iBT/534-633 PBT, IELTS 5-6,5, Cambridge English First (FCE), BEC Vantage, Michigan ECCE, PTE General Level 3, TOEIC Listening & Reading 785, TOEIC Speaking & Writing 310) if the applicant is not native speaker and/or had not received education in English. After admission, all students have to take English language test at the Institute of Foreign Languages at Vytautas Magnus University. If English level is below B2 students will have to study English to reach C1 level (in first four semesters of Bachelor studies).
- Admission score is counted based on: Motivation letter*0,3 + English*0,3 + Mathematics*0,2 + Biology or Chemistry *0,2.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Tuition fee per year: 3426 Eur
Bachelor of Technological Sciences
The programme provides graduates with several general areas:
- Research science positions in laboratories applying biotechnology to problems in medicine, industry, and agriculture;
- Laboratory and production technician positions in biotechnology, pharmaceutic, food, cosmetic, agriculture and biochemical industries;
- Companies related to biotechnology, biopharmaceutics, health services, environmental agencies, cosmetic, environmental control and food industry;
- Management positions in the biotechnology industry and related government institutions;
- Positions at companies that are investing in biotechnology.
Following study opportunities at Master's Degree level: Biology, Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Biophysics, and other master programmes related to physical, technological and biomedical sciences.
About this institute
Vytautas Magnus University (VMU) is a public university that was established in 1922. Ranked in QS World University Rankings 2018 as a leader in the country by its internationality, VMU is the only public higher education institution in Lithuania and...
Want to know more about Biotechnology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Honolulu, United States of America