Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Bachelor's Degree in Biology & Genetics
The programme is designed to train the qualified specialists with research skills who can successfully work in research and practice of science education, science, technology, business and social areas or systems. The programme aims to prepare high-quality, broad spectrum specialist in biology. The programme extends the importance of biology to other biosciences, students broad their knowledge in genetic, microbiology, biochemistry, biophysics, environmental science, immunology, bioinformatics, biotechnology, molecular biology courses and laboratory works. Students deepen their knowledge in classical biology during plant and animal biology field practices. It gives students competencies to seek career in various biology-related scientific institutions, commercial companies and government institutions.
- A high school diplomaor equivalent degree (Courses Mathematics, Biology and/or Chemistry have to be included into curriculum)
- Proof of English Language: B2 (TOEFL 80 iBT/605 PBT, IELTS 5.5)
- Admission score is counted based on: Motivation letter*0,3 + English*0,3 + Mathematics*0,2 + Biology or Chemistry *0,2.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Tuition fee per year (EU citizens) - 2595 Eur
Tuition fee per year (non EU citizens) - 2950 Eur
Note:International students from outside Lithuania can be admitted to state funded places in Lithuanian universities/colleges or apply for scholarships via a competitive admission process in the manner laid down in the law and provided that they are:
- citizens / family members of the citizens of the Republic of Lithuania or other countries in the European Union and the European Economic Area;
- non-EU/EEA nationals or stateless persons holding a permanent Lithuanian residence permit;
- Lithuanians living abroad.
If the above criteria are not satisfied, foreign nationals and stateless persons are accepted to universities/colleges via a competitive admission process to studyat their own expense.
Scholarships & funding
Vytautas Magnus University offers scholarships to foreign students who are applying forBachelor’sorMaster’sdegree programmes taught in English at Vytautas Magnus University.
Upon the decision of VMU scholarship commission scholarships apply tuition fee compensations, which may cover:
• Full tuition fee for the whole study period (100 % discount)
• Half of the tuition fee for the whole study period (50 % discount)
• Full tuition fee for one academic year (100 % discount)
• Full tuition fee for one semester (100 % discount)
Vytautas Magnus University is seeking intelligent, talented and ambitious people who view themselves as citizens of the world.
Enquire via the request information form to learn more.
Bachelor of Life Sciences
About this institute
Vytautas Magnus University (VMU) is a public university that was established in 1922. Ranked in QS World University Rankings 2018 as a leader in the country by its internationality, VMU is the only public higher education institution in Lithuania and...
Want to know more about Biology and Genetics? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
COVID-19: Support for Current and Prospective Students
We believe in making study abroad a safe, positive experience for everyone. Find out what we're doing to help our users in light of recent coronavirus (COVID-19) developments.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Alliance, United States of America