Master's Degree in Applied Sociology
The program of Applied Sociology is designed to prepare specialists capable of originally and independently analyzing peculiarities and problems of the functioning of society at its various levels. Graduates will also be able to prepare and complete research projects on social problems, to define solutions for social problems and to implement them by applying contemporary sociological theories and methods. After completion of the program of Applied Sociology, the master degree in sociology is granted.
- Bachelor degree diplomaor equivalent degree in Social Sciences, Humanities or other related field.Applicants, who have not studied in a Sociology undergraduate programme, should havecomplementary courses (12-18 ECTS): Introduction to Sociology; Methodology of Social Sciences; Classical Sociological Theories, Contemporary Sociological Theories. The programme of complementary studies is completed together with bachelor students during the first two semesters.
- Proof of English Language: applicant has to present document proving B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (TOEFL 87 iBT/534, IELTS 5.5 or any other document proving B2 level) if the applicant had not received education in English. After admission all students will be tested for English language level at the Institute of Foreign Languages at Vytautas Magnus University.
- Admission score is counted based on: Motivation letter* 0,5 + Arithmetic average of bachelor degree diploma supplement all subjects* 0,4 + Evaluation of bachelor thesis or final examination* 0,1. In case there is no evaluation of bachelor thesis or final examination, arithmetic average of bachelor degree diploma supplement all subjects * 0,5.
The programme of complementary studies (12-18 ECTS) is proposed for the students who did not take these courses: Introduction to Sociology; Methodology of Social Sciences; Classical Sociological Theories, Contemporary Sociological Theories. The programme of complementary studies is completed together with bachelor students during the first two semesters.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Tuition fee per year (EU citizens) - 2608 Eur
Tuition fee per year (non EU citizens) - 2900 Eur
Note:International students from outside Lithuania can be admitted to state funded places in Lithuanian universities/colleges or apply for scholarships via a competitive admission process in the manner laid down in the law and provided that they are:
- citizens / family members of the citizens of the Republic of Lithuania or other countries in the European Union and the European Economic Area;
- non-EU/EEA nationals or stateless persons holding a permanent Lithuanian residence permit;
- Lithuanians living abroad.
If the above criteria are not satisfied, foreign nationals and stateless persons are accepted to universities/colleges via a competitive admission process to studyat their own expense.
Scholarships & funding
Vytautas Magnus University offers scholarships to foreign students who are applying forBachelor’sorMaster’sdegree programmes taught in English at Vytautas Magnus University.
Upon the decision of VMU scholarship commission scholarships apply tuition fee compensations, which may cover:
• Full tuition fee for the whole study period (100 % discount)
• Half of the tuition fee for the whole study period (50 % discount)
• Full tuition fee for one academic year (100 % discount)
• Full tuition fee for one semester (100 % discount)
Vytautas Magnus University is seeking intelligent, talented and ambitious people who view themselves as citizens of the world.
Enquire via the request information form to learn more.
Master of Social Sciences
About this institute
Vytautas Magnus University (VMU) is a public university that was established in 1922. Ranked in QS World University Rankings 2018 as a leader in the country by its internationality, VMU is the only public higher education institution in Lithuania and...
Want to know more about Applied Sociology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
COVID-19: Support for Current and Prospective Students
We believe in making study abroad a safe, positive experience for everyone. Find out what we're doing to help our users in light of recent coronavirus (COVID-19) developments.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Prague, Czech Republic
Cambridge (England), England