About this program
Master's Degree in Applied Informatics
The aim of the Applied Informatics programme is to prepare broad-minded highly qualified information technology (IT) specialists, capable of:
- performing analysis of (big) data (text, signals, multimedia, etc.) by applying data mining techniques and tools, designing, developing and deploying data analytics solutions;
- formalizing, modelling and simulating complex systems and business processes, designing and deploying artificial intelligence based systems and applications;
- performing R&D activities in an industrial or academic setting, pursuing doctoral degree in Lithuanian and foreign universities and research institutions.
Graduates of the study programme will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of the design and implementation of innovative artificial intelligence based systems in different domains;
- Apply knowledge of advanced (emerging) IT techniques for development, deployment and maintenance of business IT systems, estimate their demand, impact and relevance to users, enterprise and organizations;
- Perform interdisciplinary R&D in data analysis and modeling and apply research results in practical applications;
- Perform interdisciplinary R&D in systems and business processes analysis and modelling, apply research results in practical applications;
- Analyse and process language, multimedia and business data;
- Apply parallel programming skills for the development of concurrent distributed and multi-core/-processor systems;
- Design innovative multiplatform services and applications, integrating intelligent, adaptive and Cloud technologies;
- Clearly and convincingly present problems and suggested solutions to experts and non-experts, using ground knowledge, reasoning, relevant presentation tools, media and methods, in second language, if required;
- Professionally communicate, collaborate and lead multidisciplinary teams in IT projects;
- Plan self-learning and improve personal performance as a foundation for lifelong learning and ongoing professional development;
- Critically analyse context of informatics projects and their influence to business, culture and society;
- Adapt to the quickly changing cultural, economic and technological environment.
- Bachelor or equivalent degreein Informatics, Informatics Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Mathematics
- Proof of English Language: applicant has to present document proving B2 level (TOEFL 87-109 iBT/534-633 PBT, IELTS 5-6,5, Cambridge English First (FCE), BEC Vantage, Michigan ECCE, PTE General Level 3, TOEIC Listening & Reading 785, TOEIC Speaking & Writing 310) if the applicant is not native speaker and/or had not received education in English.
- Admission score counting is based on: Arithmetic average of Bachelor degree diploma supplement * 0.4 + motivation letter * 0.3 + English * 0.3.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information
Tuition fee per year: 4916 Eur
Master of Computing
Message the school
About this institute
Vytautas Magnus University (VMU)
Vytautas Magnus University (VMU) is a public university that was established in 1922. Ranked in QS World University Rankings 2018 as a leader in the country by its internationality, VMU is the only public higher education institution in Lithuania and...
Why study at Vytautas Magnus University
FACTS & FIGURES:
12 academic subdivisions - Economics & Management | Political Science & Diplomacy | Arts | Humanities | Social Sciences | Natural Sciences | Informatics | Law | Catholic Theology | Music Academy | Education Academy | Agricultural Academy
- 9000 students - 15% international students from over 80 countries
- 30 - bachelor & master’s degree study programmes taught in English
- 800 partnerships - student and staff exchange possibilities with scholarships in over 82 countries all around the world
30 foreign languages - ranging from Ancient, New Testament and Modern Greek to Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Danish, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, old and modern Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin, Latvian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish and Turkish
18 joint and double degree study programmes - organized together with partner universities in Germany, Belgium, Italy, Portugal, Sweden, Kazakhstan and other countries.
Want to know more about Applied Informatics? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...