Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Master's Degree in Applied Informatics
The aim of the Applied Informatics Master study programme is to prepare broad-minded highly qualified information technology (IT) specialists, capable of:
- performing analysis of (big) data (text, signals, multimedia, etc.) by applying data mining techniques and tools, designing, developing and deploying data analytics solutions;
- formalizing, modelling and simulating complex systems and business processes, designing, deploying and maintaining adaptive and intellectual systems;
- performing R&D activities in an industrial or academic setting, pursuing doctoral degree in Lithuanian and foreign universities and research institutions.
- Apply knowledge of data analysis techniques in different domains and new areas;
- Apply knowledge of the design and implementation of innovative intelligent and adaptive systems in different domains;
- Apply knowledge of advanced (emerging) IT techniques for development, deployment and maintenance of business IT systems, estimate their demand, impact and relevance to users, enterprise and organizations;
- Perform interdisciplinary R&D in data analysis and modeling and apply research results in practical applications;
- Perform interdisciplinary R&D in systems and business processes analysis and modeling, apply research results in practical applications;
- Analyze and process language, multimedia, signals, and business data;
- Analyze, formalize and model systems and processes of different complexity;
- Apply parallel programming skills for the development of concurrent distributed and multi-core/-processor systems;
- Design innovative multiplatform services and applications, integrating intelligent, adaptive and Cloud technologies;
- Clearly and convincingly present problems and suggested solutions to experts and non-experts, using ground knowledge, reasoning, relevant presentation tools, media and methods, in second language, if required;
- Professionally communicate, collaborate and lead multidisciplinary teams in IT projects;
- Critically analyze context of informatics projects and their influence to business, culture and society;
Adapt to the quickly changing cultural, economic and technological environment
- Bachelor degree diplomaor equivalent degree in Informatics Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Mathematics.
- Proof of English Language: applicant has to present document proving B1 level (TOEFL 62 iBT/408, IELTS 4.5 or any other document proving B1 level) if the applicant had not received education in English. After admission all students will be tested for English language level at the Institute of Foreign Languages at Vytautas Magnus University. If English level will be below B1 students will have to study English to reach B1 level in first two semesters of Master studies. Students have to self-fund English studies.
- Admission score is counted based on:Motivation letter* 0,3 + Arithmetic average of bachelor degree diploma supplement all subjects* 0,4 + English grade* 0,3.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Tuition fee per year (EU citizens) - 3737 Eur
Tuition fee per year (non EU citizens) - 4150 Eur
Note:International students from outside Lithuania can be admitted to state funded places in Lithuanian universities/colleges or apply for scholarships via a competitive admission process in the manner laid down in the law and provided that they are:
- citizens / family members of the citizens of the Republic of Lithuania or other countries in the European Union and the European Economic Area;
- non-EU/EEA nationals or stateless persons holding a permanent Lithuanian residence permit;
- Lithuanians living abroad.
If the above criteria are not satisfied, foreign nationals and stateless persons are accepted to universities/colleges via a competitive admission process to studyat their own expense.
Scholarships & funding
Vytautas Magnus University offers scholarships to foreign students who are applying forBachelor’sorMaster’sdegree programmes taught in English at Vytautas Magnus University.
Upon the decision of VMU scholarship commission scholarships apply tuition fee compensations, which may cover:
• Full tuition fee for the whole study period (100 % discount)
• Half of the tuition fee for the whole study period (50 % discount)
• Full tuition fee for one academic year (100 % discount)
• Full tuition fee for one semester (100 % discount)
Vytautas Magnus University is seeking intelligent, talented and ambitious people who view themselves as citizens of the world.
Enquire via the request information form to learn more.
Master of Computing
About this institute
Vytautas Magnus University (VMU) is a public university that was established in 1922. Ranked in QS World University Rankings 2018 as a leader in the country by its internationality, VMU is the only public higher education institution in Lithuania and...
Want to know more about Applied Informatics? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...