Master's Degree in Applied Biotechnology
The aim of the Applied Biotechnology study program is to – prepare specialists with high quality and up-to-date training in a highly interdisciplinary field of Applied biotechnology with a focus (specializations) on Plant (Horticulture, Agriculture and Forest) Biotechnology and Innovative Bioelectrotechnologies, who would be able developing new products and technologies, work in positions with high levels of responsibility in research and educational institutions and industry, related to biotechnology, biomedicine, and food industry, as well as pursue their studies at the doctoral level.
Graduates of the programme will be able:
- Demonstrate ability to work as an individual and as a member of a team in the laboratory or the company and the ability to lead the team.
- Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively on biotechnology projects involving typical business timelines.
- Demonstrate ability to use innovative approaches in solving biotechnological problems and the implementation of solutions.
- Apply molecular, celular, biotechnological methods needed to carry out projects in plant and forest biotechnology or innovative bioelectrotechnologies.
- Demonstrate ability and skills of experimental work with biologically active and labile substances - proteins, enzymes, nucleic acids, lipids, carbohydrates, safe handling of chemicals and instruments, skills of standard laboratory procedures.
- Demonstrate ability to plan and conduct analytical, simulation and experimental research on analyzing or solving a particular biotechnology problem.
- Demonstrate and categorize molecular, cellular and biotechnological knowledge to design biotechnological systems, processes, and their elements.
- Demonstrate and operate of the core principles, methods and methodologies underlying current biotechnological research.
- Distinguish and analyze principles and problems of plant, forest, agriculture or bioelectrotechnologies and be able to use this knowledge in research and development work.
Applicants for Applied Biotechnology program should have a Bachelor or equivalent degree in one of these fields:
- Molecular Biology
ECTS courses may be required for agronomy, veterinary, pedagogical science and etc.
Proof of English Language: applicant has to present document proving B1 level (TOEFL 62 iBT/408, IELTS 4.5 or any other document proving B1 level) if the applicant had not received education in English. After admission all students will be tested for English language level at the Institute of Foreign Languages at Vytautas Magnus University. If English level will be below B1 students will have to study English to reach B1 level in first two semesters of Master studies. Students have to self-fund English studies.
Tuition fee per year (EU citizens) - 3737 Eur
Tuition fee per year (non EU citizens) - 4150 Eur
Note: International students from outside Lithuania can be admitted to state funded places in Lithuanian universities/colleges or apply for scholarships via a competitive admission process in the manner laid down in the law and provided that they are:
- citizens / family members of the citizens of the Republic of Lithuania or other countries in the European Union and the European Economic Area;
- non-EU/EEA nationals or stateless persons holding a permanent Lithuanian residence permit;
- Lithuanians living abroad.
If the above criteria are not satisfied, foreign nationals and stateless persons are accepted to universities/colleges via a competitive admission process to studyat their own expense.
Scholarships & funding
Vytautas Magnus University offers scholarships to foreign students who are applying forBachelor’sorMaster’sdegree programmes taught in English at Vytautas Magnus University.
Upon the decision of VMU scholarship commission scholarships apply tuition fee compensations, which may cover:
• Full tuition fee for the whole study period (100 % discount)
• Half of the tuition fee for the whole study period (50 % discount)
• Full tuition fee for one academic year (100 % discount)
• Full tuition fee for one semester (100 % discount)
Vytautas Magnus University is seeking intelligent, talented and ambitious people who view themselves as citizens of the world.
Enquire via the request information form to learn more.
Master of Technological Sciences
Vytautas Magnus University (VMU) is a public university that was established in 1922. Ranked in QS World University Rankings 2018 as a leader in the country by its internationality, VMU is the only public higher education institution in Lithuania and...
Want to know more about Applied Biotechnology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe
Planning on studying a Master's degree in Europe? We're offering a scholarship to help cover your tuition fees and get you one step closer to your next great adventure!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.