About this program
PhD in Mechanical Engineering Technology
The branch develops manufacturing technologies in mechanical engineering by deepening the knowledge of natural and economic disciplines. The latest knowledge and methods of research in the field of technological processes and their management are developed and applied. The aim of the study is to acquire competencies and abilities for independent and team scientific and creative work. The graduate is prepared for research and teaching professions in structured departments of scientific and academic institutions and other technically oriented subjects and companies.
- Bachelor degree (at least)
- English-language ability – students, who are not native speakers may be asked to demonstrate their ability to study in English, e.g. by presenting the results of any language tests they have taken. English language ability document - minimum requirements: IELTS score 5,0; TOEFL internet-based score 62 (possibly other certificates at the same level).
- Entrance examination (according to the Faculty Admission Procedure Rules and Conditions for Admission)
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- English Language Dr.
- French Language Dr.
- German Language Dr.
- Russian Language Dr.
- Spanish Language Dr.
- Basic Methods of Statistical Data Analysis in Practice
- Computer Support of Machining Process
- Construction of Cutting Tools and Fixtures
- Engineering Metrology and Technical Measurements
- Evaluation Methods of Measurement of Physical Quantities
- Experimental Methods in Machining
- Experimetal and Numerical Methods in Forming
- Mechanical Engineering and Unconventional Materials
- Metal Forming Science and Technology
- Metals Formability
- Methods of Optimization
- Numerical Methods
- Organization and Economy of Engineering Production
- Projection of Production Systems
- Quality Management
- Theory and Technology of Machining
- Theory of Surface and Technology of Surface Engineering
- Theory of Technological Processes
- Theory of Welding
- Welding Technology and Equipment
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the VSB-Technical University of Ostrava for more information.
Tuition fee: 500 CZK per semester, approx. 20 EUR per academic year
Graduates of the doctoral study program Manufacturing Technology will acquire the theoretical knowledge, practical skills and experience necessary for independent scientific work in various fields of study: forming, welding, machining, assembly, surface engineering, management, organization and design of engineering products.
Graduates will acquire a broad physical-technological basis in the field of new engineering technologies, their equipment and automation. They will gain a comprehensive overview of experimental and numerical methods of scientific research in the field of production processes and technologies. The student demonstrates the acquired level at the state doctoral examination and the elaboration and defense of the dissertation.
Graduates of the doctoral study program in Manufacturing Technology will acquire the theoretical knowledge, practical skills and experience necessary for independent scientific work in various fields of study: forming, welding, machining, assembly, surface engineering, management, organization, and design of engineering products.
Graduate's general competence
The aim of the study is to acquire competencies and abilities for scientific work in the field, namely in a creative way:
- Apply theories and principles of production processes,
- Design and interpret numerical and experimental methods of analysis of production processes,
- Propose methods to investigate the development of material properties in the production process and their prediction,
- Integrate material properties evaluation into technological design.
Message the school
About this institute
VSB - Technical University of Ostrava
VSB-TUO’s study programs are built on a 170-year tradition. Currently, there are almost eleven thousand undergraduates and graduates studying for degrees at Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD levels in engineering, IT, technology, economics and business administration. Courses are provided by seven...
Why study at VSB - Technical University of Ostrava
Study at VSB-TUO places an emphasis on practical training, whilst investigating real problems from today’s state-of-the-art industries, using the latest software and instruments. In many subjects 50% of the coursework is practically oriented, perfectly complimenting the advanced theoretical instruction, and ensuring that graduates have gained the education and experience sought by employers the world over. VSB-TUO has strong links to industry and thrives on applied research, in cooperation with companies and institutions worldwide, in finding innovative solutions to modern day issues.
Want to know more about PhD in Mechanical Engineering Technology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!