About this program
Satisfying human needs is inextricably linked to the mineral wealth of our planet. Ensuring raw materials in the necessary quantitative and qualitative parameters requires considerable effort on the part of man, especially if mineral raw materials are obtained under increasingly complex conditions. The process of obtaining mineral raw materials requires specialists who have a complex of knowledge and skills that enable solving professional and managerial problems in all its breadth and complexity. The economics of raw materials, as it is a multidisciplinary field of knowledge integrating deposit geology, mining, processing, economics and management, has the necessary prerequisites not only to study the subject matter, but also to prepare the necessary experts.
- Bachelor degree (at least)
- English-language ability – students, who are not native speakers may be asked to demonstrate their ability to study in English, e.g. by presenting the results of any language tests they have taken. English language ability document - minimum requirements: IELTS score 5,0; TOEFL internet-based score 62 (possibly other certificates at the same level).
- Entrance examination (according to the Faculty Admission Procedure Rules and Conditions for Admission)
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Acquisition of mineral deposits
- Advanced applications in MS Excel
- Introduction to Petroleum Engineering
- Management in Economic Practice I
- Special Topics in Mathematics
- Technology of Mining Processes
- Applications of mineral commodity forecasting
- Management in Economic Practice II
- Metalliferous and Nonmetalliferous Deposits
- Modern industrial technology
- Raw Materials in Industry
- Secondary Raw Materials and Minerals Treatment and its Acquisitions Processes
- Investing and financing in the raw materials industry
- Removing Impacts of Mining Activity and Reclamation
- Smart logistic
- Valuation of mineral deposits
- Seminar to Diploma Thesis
- Trading in raw materials
- Trading in raw materials
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the VSB-Technical University of Ostrava for more information.
Tuition fee: 50 000 CZK per semester, approx. 2000 EUR per academic year
- Understanding of basic geological and surveying documentation.
- Risk assessment of the mining company and individual projects.
- Formulation of the project proposal and its elaboration into a project plan.
- Assess the project proposal from a technical and economic point of view.
- Apply forecasting methods on commodity markets.
- Apply international methods to determine the size of reserves at a given deposit.
- Determine the price of the commodity.
- Comprehensive analysis of the internal and external environment of the mining company.
- Apply environmental management systems in the conditions of a mining enterprise
- Use advanced applications in MS Excel to solve technical and economic tasks.
- Apply modern techniques and approaches in managerial practice
- Conducting a discussion and defending one's opinions and positions.
- Creation of presentations on a professional topic
- Apply augmented reality in the presentation
- The principles and techniques of searching and exploring mineral deposits.
- Classification and characteristics of ore and non-ore deposits.
- Principles of evaluating mineral deposits.
- Principles of calculating reserves of mineral resources.
- Application of raw materials in individual industries.
- Technology and organization of mining and treatment of mineral raw materials.
- Classification and characteristics of the processes of acquisition, extraction and use of mineral raw materials.
- Principles of valuation of deposits of mineral resources.
- Ways of leveling mining activity and reclamation.
- Principles of trading with mineral commodities.
- Principles of mineral commodity forecasting.
- Principles of modern industrial technologies.
- Principles of managing a mining company in the long term.
- Principles of project management in the conditions of mining enterprises.
- Principles of risk management and crisis management.
- Environmental management systems.
- Principles of circular economy.
Message the school
About this institute
VSB - Technical University of Ostrava
VSB-TUO’s study programs are built on a 170-year tradition. Currently, there are almost eleven thousand undergraduates and graduates studying for degrees at Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD levels in engineering, IT, technology, economics and business administration. Courses are provided by seven...
Why study at VSB - Technical University of Ostrava
Study at VSB-TUO places an emphasis on practical training, whilst investigating real problems from today’s state-of-the-art industries, using the latest software and instruments. In many subjects 50% of the coursework is practically oriented, perfectly complimenting the advanced theoretical instruction, and ensuring that graduates have gained the education and experience sought by employers the world over. VSB-TUO has strong links to industry and thrives on applied research, in cooperation with companies and institutions worldwide, in finding innovative solutions to modern day issues.
Want to know more about Masters in Mineral Economics? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!