Masters in Mechanical Engineering (Energy Engineering)VSB - Technical University of Ostrava
About this program
Masters in Mechanical Engineering (Energy Engineering)
This Master's study program is a continuation of the bachelor study program “Energetics and Environments”. Nevertheless, graduates of other technical programs and fields, both from VŠB-TUO and other universities, also apply for this program.
In the basic compulsory study program, students deepen their knowledge of the theory of fluid mechanics, heat and mass transfer and combustion and become more familiar with the construction and operation of basic power industry units such as boilers, turbines, compressors, power stations, internal combustion engines, cooling equipment, etc. Furthermore, students acquire knowledge in the field of water management in power engineering, air protection and in the field of operation, regulation, diagnostics and maintenance in power engineering.
- Bachelor degree (at least)
- English-language ability – students, who are not native speakers may be asked to demonstrate their ability to study in English, e.g. by presenting the results of any language tests they have taken. English language ability document - minimum requirements: IELTS score 5,0; TOEFL internet-based score 62 (possibly other certificates at the same level).
- Entrance examination (according to the Faculty Admission Procedure Rules and Conditions for Admission)
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Combustion Equipments
- Heat and Mass Transfer
- Mathematics IV
- Nuclear Power Eguipment
- Refrigeration Systems and Heat Pumps
- Water Management in Energetics
- Chemistry in Energy Industry
- Combustion Turbines and Engines
- Compressors, Fans and Pumps
- Energy Accumulation and Economy
- Energy Utilisation of Biomass and Waste
- Modeling of fluid flow with heat transfer
- Steam Generators I
- Compendium of Mathematics IV
- Construction Exercise
- Environment Techniques
- Heating Stations and Energy Networks
- Soft skills, collaboration with praxis or abroad
- Solar Energy and Fuel Cells
- Steam Turbines
- CAD II
- Diploma Project
- Equipments of Processing Plant
- Rotating Electrical Machines
- Soft Skills I
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Tuition fee: 50 000 CZK per semester, approx. 2000 EUR per academic year
Students can reliably apply their expertise and understanding within a specialized area to solve complex and unpredictable problems with a professional approach using innovative methods, tools and supporting argumentation. Students are able to use technical terminology and process technical documentation in the field of energy, understand technical drawings and have knowledge of the main technical methods of the field (e.g. compilation of energy balances, assessment of energy intensity of processes, etc.) are able to operate, manage power units and individual machines and equipment. They will be able to design, implement, evaluate and diagnose energy works, including energy systems, and assess their efficiency.
Graduates will thus be able to present results and cooperate on innovative activities in the energy sector. Based on the study of compulsory elective courses, graduates are also able to independently perform basic energy measurements in order to optimize the operation of power machines and equipment, they can analyze the possibilities of using alternative energy sources, perform thermal and other energy calculations and design proposals.
The content of the study program is based on the social needs of university-educated energy experts and the objectives of the study program correspond to labor market demand and it is presumed that graduates will be employed as designers, constructors or operators of energy systems and equipment with technical, economic and environmental knowledge.
The graduate can work in practice as:
- Worker in power engineering, development, design, construction, manufacturing, assembly and testing,
- Operations, design and managerial staff in power plants and heating plants, in the energy departments in all types of industrial enterprises and in the non-manufacturing sector, such as waste water treatment plants, waste management companies, etc.
- Designer during investment construction in power engineering,
- Worker or manager in institutions and state administration departments dealing with energy, safety and environmental care,
- A technician, a calculator or a designer in power companies,
- Inspection and testing technician of power equipment, a person professionally qualified for supervision of thermal waste treatment,
- Energy specialist, independent worker for energy audits and for providing consulting and advisory services,
- A worker holding managerial positions in energy companies.
Message the school
About this institute
VSB - Technical University of Ostrava
VSB-TUO’s study programs are built on a 170-year tradition. Currently, there are almost eleven thousand undergraduates and graduates studying for degrees at Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD levels in engineering, IT, technology, economics and business administration. Courses are provided by seven...
Why study at VSB - Technical University of Ostrava
Study at VSB-TUO places an emphasis on practical training, whilst investigating real problems from today’s state-of-the-art industries, using the latest software and instruments. In many subjects 50% of the coursework is practically oriented, perfectly complimenting the advanced theoretical instruction, and ensuring that graduates have gained the education and experience sought by employers the world over. VSB-TUO has strong links to industry and thrives on applied research, in cooperation with companies and institutions worldwide, in finding innovative solutions to modern day issues.
Want to know more about Masters in Mechanical Engineering (Energy Engineering)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!