About this program
Masters in Marketing and Business
The Master’s program Marketing and Business follows the bachelor's degree of the field and deepens its expertise in areas that are needed for marketing influencing the market and successful implementation of business activities. Philosophy of program is primarily built on the knowledge of marketing management and marketing applications (international marketing, product management, business marketing, digital marketing) and business skills (purchasing management, business strategies, foreign trade operations). Graduates of program can work as managers in the marketing and business department of manufacturing and trading companies. You can also find them in advertising, research and media agencies or may act as spokespersons in companies and institutions.
- Creation of operations on foreign markets
- Knowledge of the strategy for entering the foreign market
- Knowledge of business strategy and business plan
- Analytical skills
- Knowledge of social media
- Knowledge of keywords for SEO, content marketing, PPC
- Knowledge of marketing tools in business markets
- Analysis of the marketing environment in domestic and international markets
- Knowledge of marketing strategy for entering a new product on the market
- Solving trade cases with foreign countries
- Creating a marketing strategy and marketing plan
- Using social media to build a competitive position
- Creating a brand strategy and analysis of the brand success
- Creation and evaluation of campaigns in the online environment
- Knowledge of advanced statistical methods for marketing research
- Knowledge of modern tools for online marketing
Criteria for Admission
- Bachelor degree (at least)
- English-language ability – students, who are not native speakers may be asked to demonstrate their ability to study in English, e.g. by presenting the results of any language tests they have taken. English language ability document - minimum requirements: IELTS score 5; TOEFL internet-based score 62 (possibly other certificates at the same level).
- Entrance examination (according to the Faculty Admission Procedure Rules and Conditions for Admission)
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Macroeconomics B
- Product Management
- Purchasing Management
- Statistics B
- Strategic Management
- Business Marketing
- Financial Management
- Foreign Trade Operations
- Marketing Research B
- Microeconomics B - Intermediate Microeconomics
- Special Seminar
- Business Diagnostics
- Business Strategy
- Digital Marketing
- Diploma Seminar A
- International Marketing
- Marketing Management
- Diploma Seminar B
- Diploma Work
- Economics of International Trade
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the VSB-Technical University of Ostrava for more information.
Tuition fee: 50 000 CZK per semester, approx. 2000 EUR per academic year
The philosophy of the degree curriculum is based on the potential future employment opportunities of graduates, and focuses especially on developing professional knowledge of marketing management, business strategies, international marketing, business marketing, digital marketing, marketing research, product management, foreign trade operations.
The content of the study is to acquire professional skills in the following areas:
- creation of marketing strategy and marketing plan,
- creation of business strategy and business plan
- analysis of the marketing environment on domestic and international markets,
- formulation of a strategy for entering foreign markets,
- conducting operations on foreign markets,
- application of marketing tools on business markets,
- development and introduction of a new product into the market,
- developing a brand strategy and brand success analysis,
- creation and evaluation of campaigns in the online environment,
- keyword analysis for SEO, content marketing, PPC
- application of advanced statistical methods in marketing research,
- using social media to build a competitive position.
The study is focused and profiled with regard to employment of graduates in international manufacturing and trading companies, shopping centers, advertising, media or research agencies, public institutions and companies engaged in digital marketing and social media. Graduates of the Master’s program Marketing and Business can perform the following typical positions:
- manager in the marketing department of international companies
- manager in the sales department of international companies
- product (brand) manager
- purchasing manager in manufacturing or trading company
- analyst in advertising agency
- analyst in research agency
- analyst in media agency
- buyers in media agency
- social media analyst
- web analyst
- SEO consultant
- PPC specialist
Message the school
About this institute
VSB - Technical University of Ostrava
VSB-TUO’s study programs are built on a 170-year tradition. Currently, there are almost eleven thousand undergraduates and graduates studying for degrees at Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD levels in engineering, IT, technology, economics and business administration. Courses are provided by seven...
Why study at VSB - Technical University of Ostrava
Study at VSB-TUO places an emphasis on practical training, whilst investigating real problems from today’s state-of-the-art industries, using the latest software and instruments. In many subjects 50% of the coursework is practically oriented, perfectly complimenting the advanced theoretical instruction, and ensuring that graduates have gained the education and experience sought by employers the world over. VSB-TUO has strong links to industry and thrives on applied research, in cooperation with companies and institutions worldwide, in finding innovative solutions to modern day issues.
Want to know more about Masters in Marketing and Business? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!