About this program
Masters in HSE Professional
Applicants will be admitted to the study program in full-time study at the master's follow-up study. There is no exam in the admission procedure. Graduates of bachelor study programs of similar specialization may be admitted to study. Assessing the content of previous courses and comparing them with the required basics is done by the program guarantor on the basis of a comparison of curriculum subjects and teaching ranges. The results of previous studies will be taken into account. The final decision will be made by the Dean.
The aim of the study program is to prepare risk management professionals - in the areas of occupational safety, health and environmental protection, fire protection in the context of an integrated safety concept, which is currently being promoted in multinational companies around the world. The study program is multidisciplinary, includes: risk analysis, risk prevention, treatment of residual risks (emergency and crisis planning).
Criteria for Admission
- Bachelor degree (at least)
- English-language ability – students, who are not native speakers may be asked to demonstrate their ability to study in English, e.g. by presenting the results of any language tests they have taken. English language ability document - minimum requirements: IELTS score 5; TOEFL internet-based score 62 (possibly other certificates at the same level).
- Entrance examination (according to the Faculty Admission Procedure Rules and Conditions for Admission)
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Fundamentals of Production Technologies
- Hazard science
- Risk Analysis Principles and Methods
- Risk management systems
- Chemicals management
- Environmental Protection and Safety
- Fire Safety
- Principles and Practice of Occupational Safety and Health
- Fire protection and society
- Investigation of incidents and accidents
- Safety culture
- Sustainable Entrepreneurship
- Work Environment and Ergonomics
- Practice of HSE Professional
- Seminář k diplomové práci
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the VSB-Technical University of Ostrava for more information.
Tuition fee: 50 000 CZK per semester, approx. 2000 EUR per academic year
Upon completion of the HSE Professional Study Program, the student will be prepared in terms of the following knowledge:
- Demonstrate knowledge of HSE policy, frameworks, principles, standards and regulations, taking into account technical, ethical and societal issues.
- Demonstrate research-based knowledge and a comprehensive understanding of all risk management steps (based on risk-based decision-making).
- Understand the complexity of working conditions, process safety, and business continuity, and the ability to correlate health issues, socio-economic, political, physical and environmental vulnerabilities.
Upon completion of the HSE Professional Program, the student will be prepared in terms of the following skills:
- Apply adequate methodologies to the theoretical and practical issues of HSE management based on scientific approaches and best practices.
- Identify, analyze and evaluate risks and vulnerabilities and propose adequate evidence-based prevention and risk reduction.
- Implement and monitor integrated risk reduction, risk response and recovery activities.
- Pass academic findings to an interdisciplinary audience.
- Effectively communicate with stakeholders of HSE management, planning and operations (including public administration and self-government).
- Investigate incidents and accidents and implement lessons learned.
- Work with complex systems, including uncertainty, identify and handle emerging risks and apply the precautionary principle.
- Monitor and evaluate safety and health indicators, make decisions based on them.
The aim of the study is to equip the graduate with competencies enabling him to successfully apply himself in the labor market in the field of HSE (Health, Safety, Environment).
Message the school
About this institute
VSB - Technical University of Ostrava
VSB-TUO’s study programs are built on a 170-year tradition. Currently, there are almost eleven thousand undergraduates and graduates studying for degrees at Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD levels in engineering, IT, technology, economics and business administration. Courses are provided by seven...
Why study at VSB - Technical University of Ostrava
Study at VSB-TUO places an emphasis on practical training, whilst investigating real problems from today’s state-of-the-art industries, using the latest software and instruments. In many subjects 50% of the coursework is practically oriented, perfectly complimenting the advanced theoretical instruction, and ensuring that graduates have gained the education and experience sought by employers the world over. VSB-TUO has strong links to industry and thrives on applied research, in cooperation with companies and institutions worldwide, in finding innovative solutions to modern day issues.
Want to know more about Masters in HSE Professional? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!