About this program
Masters in Applied Economics (International Economic Relations)
Master degree in International Economic Relations offers a prestigious postgraduate study focused mainly on the international dimension of economic theory and economic relations, enabling the graduates of this specialization to orientate in economic affairs on an international scale and to find practical application not only in the Czech Republic but also abroad. In addition to advanced knowledge of economic theory, students focus on issues related to international aspects of economic development, trade, international security, EU external economic relations, and project management at regional, European and international level. Students can further broaden their knowledge through internships at foreign universities or gain work experience at home and abroad (e.g. in international organizations, European Union institutions, or representative offices of the Czech Republic abroad).
Criteria for Admission
- Bachelor degree (at least)
- English-language ability – students, who are not native speakers may be asked to demonstrate their ability to study in English, e.g. by presenting the results of any language tests they have taken. English language ability document - minimum requirements: IELTS score 5,0; TOEFL internet-based score 62 (possibly other certificates at the same level).
- Entrance examination (according to the Faculty Admission Procedure Rules and Conditions for Admission)
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- International Competitiveness
- International Finance
- Macroeconomics B
- Mathematics in Economics
- Statistics B
- Economic Growth and Development
- EU Cohesion Policy
- International Monetary Integration
- Microeconomics B - Intermediate Microeconomics
- Special Seminar
- Diploma Seminar A
- Economics of International Trade
- EU External Economic Relations
- International Marketing
- Project and Grant Management B
- Diploma Seminar B
- Diploma Thesis
- International Business
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Tuition fee: 50 000 CZK per semester, approx. 4000 EUR per academic year
Graduates of the degree course International Economic Relations demonstrate, beyond the knowledge gained from the common basis of the Applied Economics study program, extensive knowledge and understanding of the subject and scope of a given study specialization corresponding to the current state of knowledge in the areas:
- international monetary integration and international finance,
- international trade and competitiveness,
- international business,
- international project management applied in real practice by private and public sector entities,
- external relations of the European Union and international security.
Graduates of the study specialization International Economic Relations, beyond the professional skills acquired in the common basis of the Applied Economics study program, can use the expertise to independently define and creatively address the theoretical or practical problems using advanced research methods in the form of:
- application of the principles of functioning and forms of international trade, the ability to face customs and non-tariff barriers of international trade,
- conducting financial and economic analyses of investment projects (CBA),
- preparation and implementation of development projects in an international environment,
- creating and managing a portfolio of national and international development projects.
Master degree in International Economic Relations offers high-quality education in the field of economics with a focus on its practical application in economic and corporate practice. Thanks to this, graduates can be employed in the public and private spheres, both in the national and especially in the international environment.
Selected typical job positions of the graduate of the specialization International Economic Relations:
- Lead economist in the private sphere, local, national and international institutions.
- Specialist on the competitiveness of companies, state entities and international integration clusters.
- Specialist and analyst in the field of foreign trade.
- Specialist for the creation of territorial analyses for the development of municipalities and towns.
- Project portfolio manager (specialist for creating subsidy strategies for the development of companies, municipalities and towns).
- Project Specialist in the field of preparation and implementation of international projects.
- Expert in public administration and self-government institutions.
Message the school
About this institute
VSB - Technical University of Ostrava
VSB-TUO’s study programs are built on a 170-year tradition. Currently, there are almost eleven thousand undergraduates and graduates studying for degrees at Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD levels in engineering, IT, technology, economics and business administration. Courses are provided by seven...
Why study at VSB - Technical University of Ostrava
Study at VSB-TUO places an emphasis on practical training, whilst investigating real problems from today’s state-of-the-art industries, using the latest software and instruments. In many subjects 50% of the coursework is practically oriented, perfectly complimenting the advanced theoretical instruction, and ensuring that graduates have gained the education and experience sought by employers the world over. VSB-TUO has strong links to industry and thrives on applied research, in cooperation with companies and institutions worldwide, in finding innovative solutions to modern day issues.
Want to know more about Masters in Applied Economics (International Economic Relations)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Melbourne (Australia), Australia