About this program
Safety and Security
The Safety and Security degree program focuses on health, safety and environment, industrial safety, fire protection, crisis management, security and management skills. The aim of the study program is to prepare professionals capable of taking technical and organisational measures aimed at protecting against risks arising from business-related activities, but also against external influences of an intentional and unintentional nature. The graduate will be able to apply as an expert in complex security solutions, especially in the field of industry, but also in state organizations.
The program broadly precedes the HSE Professional program, which can be followed up in the Master's program.
Secondary school-leaving certificate
English-language ability – students, who are not native speakers may be asked to demonstrate their ability to study in English, e.g. by presenting the results of any language tests they have taken. English language ability document - minimum requirements: IELTS score 5,0; TOEFL internet-based score 62 (possibly other certificates at the same level).
Entrance examination (according to the Faculty Admission Procedure Rules and Conditions for Admission)
Copies of graduation certificates (secondary school-leaving certificate, diplomas) and transcripts of records />Recognition document of graduation certificate - official document to say that the degree is recognized in the Czech Republic
Payment of Registration Fee 500 CZK per 1 study program, it is non-returnable Valid visa and passport
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- English Language
- Environmental strategies in the work environment
- Physical Education
- Security of information systems
- What is safety in real world
- Dangerous chemicals and materials
- Economics of Safety
- English Language c/II for FBI - intermediate
- Machinery and equipment
- Mathematics II
- Organic Chemistry
- Physical Education B
- Technical Measurements
- Basics of risk analysis
- Communication Skills
- English Language c/III for FBI - intermediate
- FireSafety of the Builduing
- Occupational safety and health
- Physical Chemistry
- Project management
- Safety of Technologies
- Case Studies - Simulation
- English Language c/IV for FBI - intermediate
- Explosion prevention and technology
- Industrial toxicology
- Major Accident Prevention
- Team project
- Testing and certification
- Work environment and hygiene
- Crisis management
- Fire Safety Management
- Health and Safety Management on Constructions sites
- Managerial skills for OHS management
- Physical Security
- Semester Project
- Bachelor thesis
- Practical Training
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the VSB-Technical University of Ostrava for more information.
Tuition fee: 50 000 CZK per semester, approx. 2000 EUR per academic year
Upon completion of the SaS program, the student will be able to:
- Design measures and procedures for incident prevention, taking into account technical, ethical and social problems
- Implement measures and activities aimed at reducing risk.
- Apply adequate methods to theoretical and practical problems in the field of security policy based on scientific approaches and modern practice.
- Identify risks and propose adequate prevention and risk reduction based on evidence.
- Participate in the resolution of accidents and incidents and implement the results obtained from investigations.
Upon completion of the Safety and Security (SaS) program, the student will be able to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- Demonstrate knowledge of security policy, describe, declare and explain how security can be ensured while maintaining the continuity of the organization's operations.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the links in complex security based on the ability to analyze and identify risks.
- Understand the complexity of working conditions, process safety, and continuity of operations of an organization and have the ability to relate health and safety, socio-economic, political, physical, and environmental vulnerabilities.
Message the school
About this institute
VSB - Technical University of Ostrava
VSB-TUO’s study programs are built on a 170-year tradition. Currently, there are almost eleven thousand undergraduates and graduates studying for degrees at Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD levels in engineering, IT, technology, economics and business administration. Courses are provided by seven...
Why study at VSB - Technical University of Ostrava
Study at VSB-TUO places an emphasis on practical training, whilst investigating real problems from today’s state-of-the-art industries, using the latest software and instruments. In many subjects 50% of the coursework is practically oriented, perfectly complimenting the advanced theoretical instruction, and ensuring that graduates have gained the education and experience sought by employers the world over. VSB-TUO has strong links to industry and thrives on applied research, in cooperation with companies and institutions worldwide, in finding innovative solutions to modern day issues.
Want to know more about Bachelors in Safety and Security? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!