About this program
Bachelors in Nanotechnology
The nanotechnology is one of the youngest and most significantly developing scientific disciplines of the 21st century. VŠB-TUO offers the study of this interesting field in a bachelor´s study. The program of study has interdisciplinary character and provides theoretical knowledge of physics and chemistry. It is focused on the study of the structure, properties of nanomaterials and their preparation. The graduate has wide range of employment in laboratories and operations of industrial enterprises that deal with modern materials. At the same time, the graduate can continue in follow up master degree program and thus deepen his knowledge and skills.
Criteria for Admission
- Secondary school-leaving certificate
- English-language ability – students, who are not native speakers may be asked to demonstrate their ability to study in English, e.g. by presenting the results of any language tests they have taken. English language ability document - minimum requirements: IELTS score 5; TOEFL internet-based score 62 (possibly other certificates at the same level).
- Entrance examination (according to the Faculty Admission Procedure Rules and Conditions for Admission)
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Algebra and analytical geometry
- Basic calculations in chemistry
- Computer Science Exercise and User's Software
- General Chemistry
- Introduction to Physical Measurement
- Introduction to the study of nanotechnology
- Laboratory exercise in Chemistry
- Mathematical Analysis I
- Introduction to Material Science
- Laboratory exercise in organic chemistry
- Mathematical Analysis II
- Organic and macromolecular chemistry
- Physics I - Mechanics and Molecular Physics
- Systematic inorganic chemistry
- Basics of toxicology
- Computer Processing of Experimental Data
- Introduction to Thermodynamics
- Nanotechnology I - Thin Films
- Physical chemistry
- Physical chemistry exercises
- Physics II - Electricity, Magnetism, Electromagnetic Filed
- Physics I Practical Exercises
- Analytical chemistry
- Laboratory exercise in analytical chemistry
- Nanotechnology II - Nanoparticles preparation methods
- Numerical methods and statistics
- Physics III - Optics
- Physics II Practical Exercises
- Physics IV – Atomic and nuclear physics
- Quality Management System in laboratories
- Solid State Chemistry
- Experimental methods and implements for nanotechnology I
- Introduction to Quantum Physic and Chemistry Theory
- Laboratory practice I
- Laboratory Practice of Nanonaterials Preparation
- Nanotechnologiy III- Nanocomposites
- Physics Laboratory Exercises IV
- Practical Exercises of Physics III
- Professional presentation
- Experimental Methods and Tools in Nanotechnology II - Physical
- Laboratory Practice from Experimetnal Methods of Nanomaterials Study I
- Laboratory Practice from Experimetnal Methods of Nanomaterials Study II
- Laboratory practice II
- Nanomaterials and Environment
- Solid State Physics
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the VSB-Technical University of Ostrava for more information.
Tuition fee: 50 000 CZK per semester, approx. 2000 EUR per academic year
The graduate has theoretical knowledge of basic natural science – mathematics, physics and chemistry. He is able to use his knowledge in practical application of preparation method and properties of nanomaterials including the environmental impact of their use. He knows and can use modern methods of characterization nanomaterials.
The graduate has professional skills in the field of nanomaterials preparation, method of characterization and practical application of nanomaterials. He can use instrumental techniques that is necessary for quantification of selected chemical and physical properties od nanomaterials. He can sort his knowledge and interpret information and can apply it for materials research in industrial practice and laboratories of research institutes focused on modern technologies, especially nanotechnologies.
Graduate's general competence
The graduate can make independent decisions of partial tasks and look for a solution of practical problems associated with the characterization and nanomaterials preparation. He can also formulate and interpret the results of experiments. He is familiar with professional, especially foreign language literature. He is able to communicate in one foreign language. The graduate find employment in industrial companies and research organizations such as operator of sophisticated instruments (electron microscope, atomic force microscope), technologist or member of research teams.
Typical job positions: instrument operator, specialist for science and research, technologist, technician. Graduates can operate in laboratories and departments of companies deals with nanomaterials preparation or testing their properties. They can also work in research organizations as qualified assistants of nanomaterials preparation or as operator of special devices used in characterization of materials and nanomaterials. After graduation, they can also continue to master studies of Nanotechnology or study of similar field focused on materials.
Message the school
About this institute
VSB - Technical University of Ostrava
VSB-TUO’s study programs are built on a 170-year tradition. Currently, there are almost eleven thousand undergraduates and graduates studying for degrees at Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD levels in engineering, IT, technology, economics and business administration. Courses are provided by seven...
Why study at VSB - Technical University of Ostrava
Study at VSB-TUO places an emphasis on practical training, whilst investigating real problems from today’s state-of-the-art industries, using the latest software and instruments. In many subjects 50% of the coursework is practically oriented, perfectly complimenting the advanced theoretical instruction, and ensuring that graduates have gained the education and experience sought by employers the world over. VSB-TUO has strong links to industry and thrives on applied research, in cooperation with companies and institutions worldwide, in finding innovative solutions to modern day issues.
Want to know more about Bachelors in Nanotechnology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!