About this program
Bachelors in Mineral Economics
We all encounter raw materials on a daily basis because everything around us is made up of raw materials. Look, for example, at the mobile phone you keep in your hand, the T-shirt you wear, or the house you live in.That is why most trade in the world takes place with raw materials. We will teach you how to make money from raw materials, how to predict price developments not only for oil and electricity, but also for BTC. Thanks to information about mineral deposits, trading with raw materials, processing raw materials and their use in industry, you will find better employment on the labor market.
As a graduate of the Mineral Economics study program, you will be employed in the positions of managers and commodity traders in industrial enterprises and in the financial sector. You can become an official in the state administration and local government, or thanks to the acquired knowledge and skills, you can go into business.
We move with the times, so during your studies you will get to know modern SW, augmented and virtual reality. You will be able to use the newly built laboratories. You can travel to partner universities abroad. We strengthen the team throughout the year at a number of events where you can meet students and teachers in an informal environment and atmosphere.
If you enjoy buying, selling, investing, analyzing or managing and you prefer a personal approach and a family atmosphere, Mineral Economics is the study program for you!
Secondary school-leaving certificate
English-language ability – students, who are not native speakers may be asked to demonstrate their ability to study in English, e.g. by presenting the results of any language tests they have taken. English language ability document - minimum requirements: IELTS score 5,0; TOEFL internet-based score 62 (possibly other certificates at the same level).
Entrance examination (according to the Faculty Admission Procedure Rules and Conditions for Admission)
Copies of graduation certificates (secondary school-leaving certificate, diplomas) and transcripts of records />Recognition document of graduation certificate - official document to say that the degree is recognized in the Czech Republic
Payment of Registration Fee 500 CZK per 1 study program, it is non-returnable Valid visa and passport
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Basics of Mathematics
- Computer Practical
- Essential of Minerals Economics
- Physical Education A
- Systems of presentation and distribution of information
- Theory of economics systems
- Managerial systems in raw material indurstry
- Mathematics I
- Mineral Deposits and Reserve Estimation
- Physical Education B
- Bachelor Physics
- Deposits Mining
- Marketing in Raw Materials Industry
- Mathematics II
- Projecting of Economics Systems
- Applied statistics in mineral resources and mining industry
- Introduction to Water Management
- Principles of Mineral Raw Materials Preparation
- Computing Applications I
- Excursions at mines and quarries
- Management in Raw Material Industry
- Material Flow Management in Raw Materials Industry
- Mining Legislation and Safety Regulations
- Raw Materials Market
- Bachelor work seminar
- Financial Mathematic
- Forecasting in raw materials industry
- Information Technology Application II
- Web and mobile technologies
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the VSB-Technical University of Ostrava for more information.
Tuition fee: 50 000 CZK per semester, approx. 2000 EUR per academic year
- Analyzing supply and demand in mineral markets
- Extrapolating trends in commodity markets
- Analyzing the activities of a mining company
- Applying management principles to a mining enterprise
- Designing management systems in the conditions of mining enterprises
- Creation of presentations on a professional topic
- The importance of the mineral-raw material complex for the national economy and businesses
- Classification of mineral resources
- Raw material policy of the state
- Technology of extraction and treatment of mineral raw materials
- Principles of management of mining enterprises
- Principles of management of mining enterprises
- Principles of forecasting in the field of mineral commodities
- Principles of working with management systems
- Principles of water management
Message the school
About this institute
VSB - Technical University of Ostrava
VSB-TUO’s study programs are built on a 170-year tradition. Currently, there are almost eleven thousand undergraduates and graduates studying for degrees at Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD levels in engineering, IT, technology, economics and business administration. Courses are provided by seven...
Why study at VSB - Technical University of Ostrava
Study at VSB-TUO places an emphasis on practical training, whilst investigating real problems from today’s state-of-the-art industries, using the latest software and instruments. In many subjects 50% of the coursework is practically oriented, perfectly complimenting the advanced theoretical instruction, and ensuring that graduates have gained the education and experience sought by employers the world over. VSB-TUO has strong links to industry and thrives on applied research, in cooperation with companies and institutions worldwide, in finding innovative solutions to modern day issues.
Want to know more about Bachelors in Mineral Economics? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!